We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pebbles on the Rocks and north end of Eleuthera

Seattle
3 posts
Save Topic
Pebbles on the Rocks and north end of Eleuthera

Has anybody stayed at the Pebbles on the Rocks? Any thoughts re what to bring, how did you like it? Great beaches, restaurants on north end of Eleuthera. Is 4 wheel drive helpful to go beaching?

Mentioned in this post
Eleuthera
Eleuthera
Out Islands
NJ
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Pebbles on the Rocks and north end of Eleuthera

We stayed at On the Rocks back in November. The beach is spectacular (one of the prettiest on the island). The location is close to Gov Harbour, other beaches such as club med and ten bay, and restaurants (such as Tippy's etc). You can actually walk a mile or so on the beach and get to Tippys. We noted an ant problem in the kitchen at the villa and our understanding from the owner was that it was a tropical thing and not much they could do about it. The furnishings etc are comfortable/simple not chic. You should bring the basics such as cereal, spices, snacks. Many people bring meat to the island, we did not. A regular car is fine to get to the beaches.

Mentioned in this post
Tippy's
Tippy's
926 Reviews
Eleuthera
NJ
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Pebbles on the Rocks and north end of Eleuthera

We stayed at On the Rocks back in November. The beach is spectacular (one of the prettiest on the island). The location is close to Gov Harbour, other beaches such as club med and ten bay, and restaurants (such as Tippy's etc). You can actually walk a mile or so on the beach and get to Tippys. We noted an ant problem in the kitchen at the villa and our understanding from the owner was that it was a tropical thing and not much they could do about it. The furnishings etc are comfortable/simple not chic. You should bring the basics such as cereal, spices, snacks. Many people bring meat to the island, we did not. A regular car is fine to get to the beaches.

Mentioned in this post
Tippy's
Tippy's
926 Reviews
Eleuthera
Seattle
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pebbles on the Rocks and north end of Eleuthera

Thank you. I'm not clear whether you stayed in the big house or in the cottage (Pebbles) The Pebbles is where we will be. Thanks.

NJ
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Pebbles on the Rocks and north end of Eleuthera

We stayed at the big house but did end up speaking to the folks over at Pebbles and they mentioned the ant issue at the cottage also. The view from both houses is great. The houses are not next to each other either so you do not have to worry about privacy issues.

Auburn...
Level Contributor
5 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pebbles on the Rocks and north end of Eleuthera

we are considering staying at pebbles cottage on eleuthera, any input or advice? is it clean and well maintained?

Patrick, South...
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pebbles on the Rocks and north end of Eleuthera

HI, I would just like to add to what Mnag said about the ants. We stayed at a rental on Ten Bay and we also had ants, so yes it is a island thing. I don't usually like "bugs" in the house but I must say I got used to them rather quickly. They were at first a bother but when I got into island mode (about 1 day) they were like house guests that you didn't have to feed!!! I think they were looking for water, don't try to fight them, they are a part of the beauty of Eleuthera. Just my 2 cents. Happy Travels,Cheers, Deb

Mentioned in this post
Eleuthera
Eleuthera
Out Islands
Unites States
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Pebbles on the Rocks and north end of Eleuthera

Hi Ruck Seattle....

I asked the same question, is a 4 wheels drive ness to get to the beaches, I asked the guys at eleutheracarrentals.com and they said....

"A 4 wheel drive is helpful but not necessary, its the high clearance you will need to get to those difficult beaches. A car or a SUV can work"

Soon going! almost there!

Canada
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Pebbles on the Rocks and north end of Eleuthera

We are considering renting the Big House. I noticed a comment suggesting the property had not been maintained posted in 06 - dirty towels, torn furniture etc. Has anyone stayed at On the Rocks lately that can provide a review of the interior. I am wondering if it has changed ownership or if it is for sale.

Montreal
Level Contributor
4 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pebbles on the Rocks and north end of Eleuthera

Quite simply the most enchanting location on Eleuthera. While not luxurious, Pebbles is clean, convenient, and easily the most private romantic spot, on the most beautiful beach on the island. We have stayed in more luxurious and expensive cottages, but none have captivated us quite like Pebbles.

In fact, last year in July we were married on the beach in back of the cottage.

We have been staying there for several years, and have developed an excellent relationship with the owner, who has accommodated our requests for some additions, such as wireless internet, and satellite TV. They are a charming and caring people whom we truly appreciate.

If you are going to bemoan the existence of insects, lizards, fish, or other fauna, then stay away from the islands. If you are looking for privacy, romance, and the true luxury of the ultimate beach location, the Pebbles is it.

Mentioned in this post
Eleuthera
Eleuthera
Out Islands
10. Re: Pebbles on the Rocks and north end of Eleuthera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, October 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Eleuthera