We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to ELH

Bend,OR
Level Contributor
251 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Flights to ELH

I fly to Eleuthera from oregon and always get much better prices flying thru Florida. When I check (via kayak.com or expedia) United has the best prices. American is about $250 per ticket more and flights that go via Nassua are generally about $400-$500 more per ticket from where I live. I have read in this forum people are having problems with Silver Airways, all the flights thru United use Silver to and from Fort Lauderdale (FLL). Are people still having problems with Silver? If they cancell or delay is United responsible for re-routing or are you on your own with Silver? Does anyone know how many flights Silver operates between FLL and ELH daily? I am looking at traveling the mid part of June.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
155 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights to ELH

We are in Oregon too, and we find flying thru Florida (FLL specifically) to be the cheapest and quickest. Last September, our flight to ELH from FLL was cancelled, and they automatically booked us on a flight the next day. Since that would cut into our trip, we had them refund that portion (which United did with no trouble), and we paid extra for the Cove's charter flight. Of course, we got notice of the cancellation a month ahead of time, so we were able to adjust. Getting cancelled at the gate is a different story, and I don't know how they'd handle it.

I think flying Silver from FLL is just a gamble, but you might have better luck in June, as it's a busier month than September (at least a little bit).

Edited: 5:57 pm, March 06, 2014
Bend,OR
Level Contributor
251 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights to ELH

I didn't know the cove had a charter flight. If you don't mind me asking, how much is the charter flight? Does it fly out of FLL?

My concern is that flight changes/cancellations will cut into our trip as well. Have never had a problem with American, but it would mean about $1000 more for tickets (for my family of 4). I'm not in love with United, but $1000 extra is a lot for me. American used to be the cheapest, I wonder why their price went up so much?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
155 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights to ELH

The price for the Cove charter has gone up, though not sure how much- we booked it when they first opened, and it was something really low, like $325.00 per person, round trip. I think they realized their mistake and it's now something like $500.00 each way, per person, maybe more.

We were staying at the Cove at the time, which is why we knew about it, but there was another family on the flight that was not staying at the Cove. So, it may be possible to book it even without having a reservation at the resort. It flys out of the FL Executive Airport, which is a few minutes by car from FLL.

Edited: 6:33 pm, March 06, 2014
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights to ELH

Flew with Silver Feb. 21 and March 4- from FLL to ELH and back. No problems whatsoever.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights to ELH

We flew United/ Silver this past December and things went smoothly... no delays. .no cancellations.... all of our luggage arrived safely... we are returning to the island again in December but flying American this time only because prices were much cheaper and less stops!! Good luck.

6. Re: Flights to ELH

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, March 09, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Eleuthera