We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Nassau to Eleuthera

Edmonton
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travel from Nassau to Eleuthera

My wife and I booked a flight at a good price to Nassau so now our challenge is to get a flight to Eleuthera. We are staying in Governor's Harbour but found that all flights there after our 1pm arrival in Nassau are booked up - the best flight is to Rock Sound, a 40 minute drive away according to google (and $60 by taxi I think?). I have emailed various charter flight companies and a boat company to see what they can do as I've heard that charter flights are competitive to a scheduled flight. Does anyone have any experiences chartering a flight? Is it really not overly pricey? And does anyone want to split a flight from Nassau to Governor's Harbour on Saturday February 8?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Travel from Nassau to Eleuthera

Only on Harbour Island. It is fairly safe to motor around the harbour that splits Harbour Island from the main island Eleuthera. The harbour is about 7 miles long, and over 3 miles wide in one area.

As for boating in unknown waters around Eleuthera - I say find a good tour company and guide. Even the experts give wide berth to the Atlantic shore line. There are many fields of elk horn coral etc... The exuma side of Eleuthera is easier to navigate - but still left for the experienced.

This is not like boating on Bull Shoals.

Edited: 2:17 pm, January 08, 2014
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,153 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Travel from Nassau to Eleuthera

To rent a small boat I highly recommend Michael's Cycles on Harbour Island. He rents boats, jets skis, scooters, golf carts and bicycles. You can reach him at these numbers:

(242) 333-2384/2667 home

(242) 464-0994 cell

Calgary, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Travel from Nassau to Eleuthera

We just got back from Eluethera ourselves and also before in our planning stages to go we thought we would rent a car for just a day or 2. Trust me! you need to rent a car if you are wanting to go anywhere on the island. The highway isn't the safest or widest road, so I wouldn't suggest using bikes to get around everywhere. There are no lights on the highway as well, so I don't suggest to go on it at night as everyone drives with there high beams on as well drinking and driving is actually legal there.

I would definitely look into rental companies before you get there, it's not cheap about $450/wk. but it is WORTH it!

14. Re: Travel from Nassau to Eleuthera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 14, 2015