We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For the locals...

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
155 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
For the locals...

I've emailed, facebooked, and scanned the forums, and now I'm taking the question directly to the experts: My wife and I will be headed down there 9.21 (knocking on wood), and I'm curious the latest news on dining options. We'll be at the Cove, but we're renting a jeep for the majority of the trip, so travelling won't be a problem... Based on my research, the Laughing Lizard should be open, Front Porch open (res only), Tippy's closed, Daddy Joe's... maybe??

I know many of you have answered this question before, but if anyone cares to offer firsthand info, I'd appreciate it!

savannah sound
Level Contributor
2,169 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: For the locals...

Perhaps I mumbled and wasn't clear.

Sunset Inn is open now and will be open until October 9th. After dinner on the 9th they will be closed for a month. I talked to Jaye today and she wasn't sure which day she will reopen.

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
880 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: For the locals...

got it.......!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
703 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: For the locals...

Local places are the way to go I ate in them all the time on my trip mid Aug, Buccaneer , Pammys, Banks Road Deli, Sunset inn, man ! wish i was in any of those places right now ,

Patrick, South...
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,533 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: For the locals...

What about The Blue Room?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: For the locals...

Thank you all for all the info so far! I'm not sure I could say what I'm most excited about for the trip - but if I had to start ranking stuff the food would be very near the top. :)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
155 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: For the locals...

Thanks, everyone! I love this forum! I can't wait to get my mitts on some conch...

17. Re: For the locals...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, September 13, 2014