We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi fare from GHB to ELH?

Huntington Beach...
4 posts
Taxi fare from GHB to ELH?

Just found out need to go to Harbour Island to meet friends on their boat at Romora Bay. Already booked on flight to GHB!

How much would a taxi ride be or does anyone have any driver recommendations?

Thanks

Bill

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,999 posts
42 reviews
1. Re: Taxi fare from GHB to ELH?

Peter Sands - Taxi #44 He is out of Governors Harbour Very nice man!

Phone: 242.470.0412 Home: 242.332.2285

Not sure about pricing, give him a call. It may be cheaper to rent a vehicle for the day.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,783 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: Taxi fare from GHB to ELH?

Bear is right, for a round-trip up to Harbour Island it would be *way* cheaper just to rent a car for the day. I believe that taxi fare, GHB-ELH is around $100 each way, you can rent a car for $55-60.

Huntington Beach...
4 posts
3. Re: Taxi fare from GHB to ELH?

Thanks Dave. I only need a one way from GHB to get to Harbour Island water taxi. We will joining friends on their boat cruising back to FLL. Do u have a recommendation of anyone I should book a ride for our arrival on July 4 at 1300. Or should I be able to just find a taxi at the airport upon arrival?

First time traveler to Eleuthera. Screwed up our flight info and $100 taxi is cheaper than trying to make changes to air travel.

Thanks for your help

Bill

Huntington Beach...
4 posts
4. Re: Taxi fare from GHB to ELH?

Thanks for the Info Bear. I'm in Hong Kong right now but will try to call Peter when I get back to States this week.

Patrick, South...
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,867 posts
19 reviews
5. Re: Taxi fare from GHB to ELH?

Myducks, does your flight land in ELH first or maybe continue to ELH from GHB? If you stop at ELH first get off take a taxi to the ferry. If you land in GHB, see if they are going to ELH save some $ stay on plane and get taken to ferry to HI if they have room for you? Depends on your route, don't know who you booked thru or what the schedule is but, another option??? Cheers

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,783 posts
23 reviews
6. Re: Taxi fare from GHB to ELH?

If you wind up having to take a taxi, you shouldn't have any trouble getting one midday at the airport, no real need to book that ahead. Just ask around, somebody will make sure you get there.

But SAS's advice is good, check to see if the plane you're on is stopping at ELH -- those hops often change daily, depending on passenger loads. Yesterday my flight made an unscheduled hop down to Rock Sound. Just be sure your bags get tagged correctly.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,999 posts
42 reviews
7. Re: Taxi fare from GHB to ELH?

Just wondering DA if you hop off one stop early can you get your luggage off the plane easy? Since you are landing in a foreign country from FLL or MIA would customs on the island appreciate that also?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,783 posts
23 reviews
8. Re: Taxi fare from GHB to ELH?

Customs wouldn't be a problem, they don't care where you clear, so long as you legally clear.

But with a last-minute change I'd make sure my bags were tagged to where I'm actually getting off the plane. SouthernAir might be willing to root around in the cargo hold and dig out your bag, they're pretty laid-back and customer-friendly, but I wouldn't count on the other airlines doing that.

Huntington Beach...
4 posts
9. Re: Taxi fare from GHB to ELH?

Had a great trip to Eleuthera and Harbour Island! Dave u know the island! Had no trouble getting a ride back up it HI. Fare was $110. The Coopers took great care of us from the moment we cleared customs till we got to the ferry. Only thing we forgot to ask was about getting a ferry right to Romera Bay Marina instead of just to the central dock. Thanks for All your assistance everyone

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,783 posts
23 reviews
10. Re: Taxi fare from GHB to ELH?

Glad it worked out and you had a great time ...

Get answers to your questions about Eleuthera