We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving early Saturday - cell phone question

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Leaving early Saturday - cell phone question

Well, if all goes well we'll be in flight on our way to Eleuthera tomorrow.

Today started with being unable to check in on line to USAirways (apparently computer glitch they've had for some time, though tech support unable to explain why). Annoying because we only do carry-on and will now have to stand in line at busiest time in airport anyway. Oh well, as my grandmother would say "everyone should have your problems".

This will be our first time to Eleuthera, and we are excited, but a bit nervous about the flights, especially the whole Nassau piece. Nothing like getting up before 3:00 AM and having to deal with 3 separate flights ( with the first connection pretty tight). On the other hand, nothing like being in the Bahamas instead of RI in March, right?

Wondering if either of my phones will work in Nassau airport. One is a Verizon cell. The other is Cable&Wireless/Lime with an Anguilla phone number and a lot of prepaid minutes I'd love to use.

In the US the Anguilla phone connects to TMobile and works fine.

So, this post is pretty boring, but maybe someone will take pity on me, get this far, and answer me anyway. ( I just want to be able to use the phone in case I can't get from Nassau to Eleuthera on Saturday, and need to book a hotel.)

Level Contributor
2,713 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Leaving early Saturday - cell phone question

That'll work, Marisgreen ... when we're on the island we pretty much put away our stateside cell phones and use Skype or e-mail. My wife talks to her daughter 2-3 times a day over Skype, some of 'em with video. They're yakking away even as I write this. If you have 'net access, it's cheap, easy and reliable.

Hope it warms up for ya, have fun ...

12. Re: Leaving early Saturday - cell phone question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, March 07, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Eleuthera