We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pick from 4 houses

Houston
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pick from 4 houses

Woohoo I finally narrowed my choices to 4. It will be our first visit June 2013. Not in any particular order - water's edge, sun dancer, da villa and richview. Richview is more expensive and looks lovely but I'm trying to decide it it's worth it. We are a family of 5. 3 kids ages 12, 10 and 4. For those who have stayed or know about any of these homes could you tell me anything that will help me decide? Thanks!!!

Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pick from 4 houses

We haven't visited yet but we booked Da Villa for March. The people have been amazing to work with and all the reviews I have read are great.

DCA
Level Contributor
227 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pick from 4 houses

I stayed at Richview and had a great time. It's very nice, just across the street from Sun Dancer and the water. Nice views from the decks on the 2nd and 3rd level. It has (had?) some beach chairs and snorkel gear, an outdoor grill, tv, W/D, internet, pretty much everything you could want.

King of Prussia...
Level Contributor
306 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pick from 4 houses

We stayed one Christmas/New Years vacation a couple of years ago at Sundancer. Family of 5, 3 boys. The one got his own bedroom the other two shared a room with twins in the bedrooms up the winding staircase. We had the beautiful bedroom downstairs. The place has lots of room. The beach is right there. No road to cross. And it is a beautiful beach. PM me if you want more info or pictures, etc.

Katy, Texas
Level Contributor
33 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pick from 4 houses

We stayed at waters edge last year and loved it. Home owners are fantastic to deal with and very flexible. House is well equipped and clean. We would go back in a heart beat.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
229 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pick from 4 houses

I stayed in Da Villa and it's really nice. However when I drove by it in March there was a house being built right next door so that may be an issue.

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
45 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pick from 4 houses

Please need to find quick rental for june first trip to Eleuther for couple. RE: Waters EDGE Are there comfortable outdoor chairs, any cushioned chaises to see beautiful water from? that's my main activity but don't want to sit right on beach or on wooden chair as have bad back? House looks nice but I see there's a road to cross to go to beach do u see much water from the house or deck?The Pink cottage would have been perfect but is rented. Palmetto Sunrise behind that photos show little view of actual ocean.

Did you see Coconut Pt also on Double Bay?

How long does it take to get to restaurants as may not cook dinners?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,317 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pick from 4 houses

Anyone visiting Eleuthera for the first time I say get a rental on a beach!

Key Largo, Florida
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pick from 4 houses

We have stayed at Sun Dancer, it is a great home right on a pink sand beach. The owners are wonderful to work with.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Pick from 4 houses

We stayed at Richview 7/2010 We were 3 adults and three kids. It has 3 bedrooms if you do not include the honeymoon suite. The three bedrooms are 2 downstairs and one upstairs with the kitchen, dining area and living room space upstairs. I personally got tired of climbing the stairs many times per day, but I am older and just not used to the stairs anymore. It is a nice house with a great kitchen, dining and livingroom. The a/c works well as well as the tv/cable or satellite. The beach is across Banks Road, very short walk. The beach is called Club Med beach for the resort that was there 15 years ago.

The one thing we liked was its proximity to Gov Harbour. Very convenient to grocery/liquor store and gas stations. Da Villa, I believe is on double bay, which is almost half way between GHB and Tarpum bay.

Good luck and I hope this was of some use.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Pick from 4 houses

Mshell- can you share the link(s) for the houses? Thanks!

Get answers to your questions about Eleuthera