We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live Music?

Imperial, Missouri
Level Contributor
37 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Live Music?

Hello!

We are taking our first trip to Eleuthera in less than two weeks. We are staying in the Governor's Harbour / Palmetto Point area. We really enjoy listening to live music and I was wondering if anyone could help me out with what restaurants / bars have live music and on what nights. Also any specific happy hour specials?

Thanks!

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,570 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live Music?

Some of the restaurants are closing (Cocodimama, Rainbow Inn) and probably Beach House and Tippys too where you can usually find live music. But try Elvinas in Gregory Town on Tuesday? There's always music at the Friday night fish fry but it's not live. Check with Dr Seabreeze at Ronnie's on Cupid's Cay and see where he's playing. Some others who have been recently can chime in. Or you can go to www.bahamas4u.com/forums and ask your question there. You will get some answers for sure.

Imperial, Missouri
Level Contributor
37 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live Music?

Thanks for the suggestions.

I've tried registering on bahamas4u.com and as part of the registration process you have to enter the capital of the Bahamas. I keep entering Nassau, but it keeps rejecting me stating that is incorrect. Any ideas?

Eleuthera
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live Music?

Actually, I think those restaurants will still be open through August. They usually don't shut down 'til early September.

Generally the schedule for live music is Thursday nite at Beach House, Friday at Cocodimama's happy hour and Saturday nite at Tippy's. But I'd call ahead to double-check, the sked could be different in mid-summer.

As for registering at the other site, see if you can msg the administrator, that sign-up process can be buggy sometimes. My wife had the same problem you did, the admin finally had to walk it through.

Edited: 10:18 pm, July 17, 2012
Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Live Music?

Happy hour at Cocodimamas is 4-7 on Friday, with half price drinks and appetizers. They had a good band last week.

Imperial, Missouri
Level Contributor
37 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live Music?

Thanks for the info!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
352 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live Music?

Just got back from 2 week trip. Elvinas is deserted. Rainbow had live music on Tuesday nite. Ask around and always call ahead

Southeast USA
Level Contributor
66 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live Music?

We plan on cocodimama for happy hour and then the fishfry!

King of Prussia...
Level Contributor
306 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live Music?

We got back yesterday. Elliot, Chico, and company play every Saturday night starting around 8:00 or so at Tippy's. Doctor Seabreeze was at Rainbow Inn on Wednesday night.

Imperial, Missouri
Level Contributor
37 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live Music?

Thanks for the update!

10. Re: Live Music?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 16, 2013