We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rentals

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Rentals

How the heck do you pick a rental....OMG I have looked at every singal property on Eleuthera over and over again. Have never been and want to plan a trip for next year .......but its so difficult to decide what you want, where you want to be. I keep changing my mind!! How does everyone else choose???

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,570 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Rentals

Think i mentioned this on another one of your posts but Oceanaire is great. Tandem kayak, surf board, scuba tanks. LOTS of places to lounge around outside, amazing view. The grill is awesome, vey high end. You literally just need to bring your toothbrush and a few clothes. Everything else is already there from first aid kit to just about any spice you'd need for cooking. The only drawback is getting the kayak up and down the stairs. There's an inner and outer reef with lots of sea life. Tons of snorkel gear which we used the 1st and 2nd year but now we bring our own. And it's great for 1 or 2 couples. 2br each with an ensuite bath. All teak furniture. Can't wait to get back there!

Missoula, Montana
Level Contributor
176 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Rentals

Finiterre only rents the cottage along with the house. They do not rent it separately so you don't have to worry about someone else renting it while you are there.

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Rentals

OH REALLY!!! That is very good to know, although it makes it harder to choose!!! thanks for that info!!

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
230 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Rentals

I would suggest any of the houses in North Palmetto Point, south of Governor's Harbor. They are on the Atlantic side so the breeze will be nice and help with the bugs. Plus, some of the best snorkeling we found on the island is right off those beaches.

We were just there and stayed at Blue Palms and LOVED IT! They have a pool which was awesome and filtered water system and no-see-um proof screens. The house was very nice, clean, and Maria, the owner, was great!

If you want more info, feel free to PM me.

So jealous! I am ready to go back!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Rentals

Take a good look at Villa Sylphide: for two it is awesome and super clean.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
118 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Rentals

I cast a second vote for Villa Sylphide! Meets all your criteria and then some.

Here's how I decided on a villa...I had a "must-have list": Centrally located, Atlantic side (less bugs), beach, king-size bed, satellite tv and wifi. Since it was just two of us...any number of bedrooms worked for us. As for tv/wifi...we had 2 days of rain...so it came in very handy. Even if it hadn't rained, we still would've used both at night. BF wasn't going to miss a week's worth of NBA playoff games! Villa Sylphide totally exceeded all wants and needs. Perfect for a couple. www.villasylphide.com

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Rentals

Yes Villa Sylphide is lovely!! I am considering a couple right now and that is one. It all depends on if our friends will be accompanying us or not. I do believe if it is just us,we will probably try for Look out villa. I have "talked" to Angela a few times now.....and she seems just lovely to deal with and her home is perfect!!! But I do apperciate everyones input here for sure!!

Level Contributor
35 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Rentals

Look on Flipkey at Lookout Villa..it is where I am going to stay in September..nice villa with a good price.

19. Re: Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 20, 2013