We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bahamasair NIGHTMARE!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
878 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
bahamasair NIGHTMARE!

wow, i am having the HUGSET nightmare trying to cancel my bahamasair ticket from nassau to north eleuthera. i was given the run-around on the phone from 8:40 am to 12pm. i was hung up on, asked for the manager, was disconnected, sent to accounts who sent me to reservations, back and forth back and forth. i gave up. my boyfriend tried. he finally got through, was told they will cancel it and send us an email of the cancellation. haven't gotten the email. they said that we then needed to talk to accounts to get the refund, because all they did was cancel it. now i fear they're going to pretend like there was no record of a ticket cancellation, hence no refund. accounts is basically saying they can't give a refund without reservations telling them of the cancellation. my bf was hung up several times as well when mentioning a refund. WHAT IS THIS?! has anyone successfully received a refund? my trip is already starting out as a disaster, and we're about to just lose $240 do you think if i dispute a charge with my credit card company it will even work?

canada
Level Contributor
119 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: bahamasair NIGHTMARE!

Wow sorry to hear that! They don't sound very professional at all! Hope you get it worked out Calypsogirl and don't let it put a damper on your vacation :-)

Portland
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bahamasair NIGHTMARE!

If you haven't already gotten this worked out, I would recommend callling your credit card company directly. They're usually pretty good about refunding charges for goods or services that weren't wanted or are "faulty". It's worth a shot at least.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
878 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bahamasair NIGHTMARE!

yeah, i actually did today! i love amex. :) they're going to dispute it if it doesn't show up on my next statement. i just cannot believe the complete lack of customer service at bahamasair! they were so incredibly rude and who on earth hangs up on a customer! they wouldn't even let me speak to the manager.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
212 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bahamasair NIGHTMARE!

calypsogirl, it'll work itself out. In a few days, I think you'll feel a little better about the hullabaloo.

Just blacklist Bahamasair like the rest of us and go have yourself a GREAT vacation! Don't give them control of your life even for a second.

You guys have worked hard for this vacation. And you're a lot smarter now that you've done some research. I just know you're going to have a fun time. I can't wait to hear what you did on your trip after you return.

Richard

Texas

New York, NY
Level Contributor
878 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bahamasair NIGHTMARE!

hey, richard. thanks for the kind words! i spent so much time doing research on everything else that i didn't even think to research about bahamasair! i had no idea there were other options besides them. now i know. bah! anyway, i can't wait for the trip! i am very excited. thanks for the help.

cheers

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
268 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bahamasair NIGHTMARE!

Calypsogirl,

Curious to see if you ever got your refund from BahamasAir? We cancelled our flight to HI and the representative stated we would get an email and the refund would appear on my next statement.

Did you ever get the email and/or refund and if so, how long did it take?

New York, NY
Level Contributor
878 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bahamasair NIGHTMARE!

hi. i have an ongoing nightmare still. first of all, they have lied to you about the email. there is no email. they long ago told me the same thing. when i spoke to someone else, that person said that there is no email, no documentation of cancellation, nor any cancellation confirmation number. you will get nothing from them basically. so don't expect an email.

i was eventually told the refund would take 10 days and show up on my next statement like you were told. 10 days went by, it was still on my statement. i called them back and they said it would take 4 to 6 weeks. that is ridiculous. especially because i'm given a different answer every time.

i've spoken to my credit card company (amex) about this, and they have been extremely helpful with this situation. they will begin a dispute. they'll take the charge off my card and they'll be the ones to contact them. i suggest you do that because after all the trouble i have been to, i don't expect them to give me a refund at all.

good luck.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
268 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bahamasair NIGHTMARE!

Thank you for your input. I appreciate the update and I can't believe that a company can operate under this type of business practice for long. I'm documenting everything that I tell them and hopefully it will all work out for both of us.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
878 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bahamasair NIGHTMARE!

yeah, i have never in my life dealt with such awful customer service.

please let me know what happens in your situation as well! and good luck.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
268 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: bahamasair NIGHTMARE!

Thanks! I'm going to try them again today and see if they can send me an email while I'm sitting on the phone with them. If that doesn't work, I'm going the credit card route. You do know they are a partner with United Airways. I thought that might be an option as well if it gets sticky.

Get answers to your questions about Eleuthera