We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in the rain??? Any ideas?

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What to do in the rain??? Any ideas?

We just arrived and it has rained nonstop and is expected to continue for several days. What is there to do? Any shopping for warmer clothes? How about any bars, music, spa, fish market? We are staying just south of gov harbour. Appreciate any suggestions to help us make the best of it. Thanks!

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
330 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in the rain??? Any ideas?

Ronnie's in governors, beach house, tippys, sunset inn. Shed the linen, and stop the grinnin ? :)

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in the rain??? Any ideas?

Excellent suggestion! We already went to ronnies, and are making good progress on the rest! Nothing a little kalik can't remedy.

Glastonbury...
Level Contributor
1,422 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in the rain??? Any ideas?

This is why I always bring full body rain gear plus an umbrella whenever and wherever I travel---so i can be outside in all weather as long as its not a safety issue (lightning all around, waterspouts, etc)

That still a bummer :-(

Edited: 10:09 am, April 30, 2012
Eleuthera
Level Contributor
2,570 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do in the rain??? Any ideas?

That's the spirit, Sandi ... a rainy day on 'Lutra beats the heck out of a sunny day most anyplace else.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,607 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do in the rain??? Any ideas?

It's only water! After 3 days of rain and cooped up in the house, I've simply decided it's not raining, it's just wettish out. I know, the first sign of going mad is denial! So far I've gone swimming, taken a bike ride, and done some gardening (the plants are seriously growing now!) all while waiting for a bit pot fo bacon and veggie bean soup to cook. Nice hot shower, lunch and a nap!

Sorry your vacation has turned out this way, but I love the attitude of making the best of it -- sometimes those are the best travel memories. One of our best days was being caught in a downpour in Venice and popping in and out of lots of little shops we would have missed otherwise and how good the cappuccino and grappa tasted afterwards!

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do in the rain??? Any ideas?

That's the spirit Dusty, I'm getting a little stir crazy as well. Of course come July and August we'll be begging for weather like this. To make things worse, our cable has been out since Saturday. Cable Bahamas.....I love those guys.

Long Island
Level Contributor
504 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do in the rain??? Any ideas?

I was out running errands here today and every place I stopped they ask "How do you like the weather?" I like it fine, even wish it rain a little harder for a while to top up my cistern - we've only been getting light sprinkles. I just got here last Friday, but the neighbor says it's been totally dry all winter. This is the first decent wet spell in months here on Long Island, so most are welcoming it.

I guess it only hurts if you are here on vacation and wanting to go back home with a nice suntan.

Ontario
Level Contributor
312 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to do in the rain??? Any ideas?

- Rose Manor / Clipper Imports - In addition to Pam's Island Made mentioned above (which has such great stuff), Rose Manor is under new management now and they have lots and lots of fun stuff to shop. …tumblr.com/post/1...uthera-bahamas

- Dornells - located is right near Rose Manor. Dorothy owns it with her daughter Nell. Susie Q dolls, straw work, nice art, etc.

- Norma's - across from Pyfroms - more shopping

- Driftwood Art Gallery - next to the Bakery - open most days 12-4 - nice assortment of driftwood and seaglass art starting at only $5.

…tumblr.com/post/1...lery-governors

- Yoga or Ball excercise class - Monique Carol also runs private and group Yoga and Ball classes - out of her home I believe - Wedensday Yoga 10AM-11:30AM and Thursday Ball 10AM-11AM (464-0907 or uniquebymonique@gmail.com)

- Arvayda Spa - Harbour Island - I have not been or seen it, but it's on Tripadvisor - tripadvisor.com/Attractio...s_Bahamas.html

California
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: What to do in the rain??? Any ideas?

It mostly rains in June/July......

10. Re: What to do in the rain??? Any ideas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 11, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Eleuthera