We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Former Dolce Vita site?

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
513 posts
Save Topic
Former Dolce Vita site?

Are there any plans for someone to move into this spot?

Eleuthera
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Former Dolce Vita site?

Someone has already Tim!

Its called Chateau France ( operater has a place in St Petersburg Florida also.

http://www.chateaufrancecuisine.com/ )

I have dined there and its buy far the best meal I have had in Eleuthera.

I hope more people go and patrinize this new dinning experence .

A little pricy but certainly worth the attentive service and excellent food!

Ken

Mentioned in this post
Eleuthera
Level Contributor
2,713 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Former Dolce Vita site?

Already happened. A restaurant called Chateau France opened at that site a couple of weeks ago. Food is excellent, prices in line with what Paolo was charging.

The owner, Antoine, is an experienced French chef/restaurateur who ran a very popular place in St. Pete. Joanie, the French-Canadian waitress who worked for Paolo and Flipper, has signed on as well.

Eleuthera
Level Contributor
2,713 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Former Dolce Vita site?

Nice job, Kenny ... beat me by 3 minutes ... ;-)

Eleuthera
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Former Dolce Vita site?

Forgot my spell check however Dave!

Have you been yet? give it a try for sure when the wife returns.

ken

"Someone has already Tim!

Its called Chateau France ( operator has a place in St Petersburg Florida also.

http://www.chateaufrancecuisine.com/ )

We have dined there and its buy far the best meal I have had in Eleuthera.

We hope more people go and patronize this new dinning experience .

A little pricy but certainly worth the attentive service and excellent food! "

Ken

Mentioned in this post
NYC
Level Contributor
127 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Former Dolce Vita site?

It's reopened a few weeks ago as Chateau France. Antoine Louro started his original Chateau France in St, Petersburg, FL a number of years ago. The menu claims that the NY Times in 2005 said it was the best restaurant in the US. Searching the NY Times site showed a reference to an article where a circus performer made the proclamation, not the NYT food critic!

The interior has been redone, and is very smart-looking in a non-island way. A wall has been erected between the dining room and the bar to separate the two areas.

Ate there last week; the food is very traditional French (eg, pate, lots of very rich cream sauces) and the fish was carefully and beautifully prepared. They were awaiting their fois gras and caviar. The wine list is mostly French w/ a few lower-priced, non-French wines thrown in. Prices skew high: the market price-lobster was $55, but the tail was large enough to take home half for next day's lunch. The menage a trois (lobster, grouper, one large shrimp) was in the mid-$30's. Tomato soup (no cream!) was $14. Filet of beef in many guises also make up a good part of the menu, with prices in the mid-$30's. Pastas were in the upper-$20's. Souffle (ordered at the beginning of the meal) was $11/person, minimum 2 people.

Service was earnest, and will likely get better - they have just opened after all. Our total bill for 4 was around $450; 3 courses each, 2 bottles of wine, 15% gratuity added. We'll go back, but ask for the sauce on the side!

Mentioned in this post
Chicagoland
Level Contributor
513 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Former Dolce Vita site?

Thanks guys. Hey Ken, I stayed at your place a while back. Some stupid Tropical Storm delayed my stay at your place due to high water & you hooked me up with Skip at the Barefoot Beach House. Great people. I was their only guest & they couldn't have been more accommodating. They left the place to me for my last 2 days there. Of course Skip had me drive them to the airport. HaHaHa.

Tim

Mentioned in this post
The Barefoot Beach House
The Barefoot Beach House
20 Reviews
Eleuthera
A A
Eleuthera
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Former Dolce Vita site?

Best. Souffle. Ever.

Spring Hill...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Former Dolce Vita site?

Is anyone aware if this restaurant is still open. I'm in Florida, and used to dine at his location in St. Petersburg. I've been attempting to find this location for a while with little success. Any info on how to find it would be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Eleuthera
Level Contributor
2,713 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Former Dolce Vita site?

The Eleuthera restaurant closed after just a few months.

Canada
Level Contributor
634 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Former Dolce Vita site?

I just saw this thread when I googled Chateau France.

That is too bad :( if it's true.

Dolce Vita was really good when we were there, actually had a chat with the owners one day at Cap't Jacks beach..

http://tinyurl.com/9rya96n

Edited: 6:51 pm, October 18, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Eleuthera