We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Med

Texas
Level Contributor
284 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Club Med

Has any one looked at google satellite or pics of the old Club Med in Eleuthera? Stayed there a long time ago. It is so creepy to see what's barely left. I think it got wiped out by a hurricane or something. It looks ghostlike.

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Eleuthera
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Club Med

The Club Med was damaged by Hurricane Andrew in 1999 and never rebuilt. They cleaned up the site a little bit a few years later, but there are some structures left. I have not looked at the site on Google but that is still our favorite beach so we have walked through parts of the site. It is a little creepy.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,610 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Club Med

I have heard intermitent rumours and read various articles over the years of re-investment and re-building of this site. Latest was a company called French Leave who 2008 announced they were developing. But as far as I know nothing has been done.

Vermont
Level Contributor
136 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Club Med

My husband and I were just there and they are selling 20 lots of less than an acre:( for $900,000 each on one end of the beach. Hope that doesn't happen!It's so quiet and pristine.

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
13 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Club Med

Just returned from a lovely week at a house near the old Club Med beach, now called French Leave beach. All traces of Club Med are gone & the beach is absolutely gorgeous.

Vermont
Level Contributor
136 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Club Med

Which house did you stay?We were @Round House next door to Club Med beach for a week a week ago.Great

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Club Med

That Club Med was a fave of mine. went two or three times from the late 1970s to.......... In fact that one was my first CM. I miss it. Frankly if it were still open, I'd still be going there.

Texas
Level Contributor
284 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Club Med

Yep, went there in the "Big Eighties". Nothing like it!!!

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
70 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Club Med

Just curious what house you rented?

Bettendorf, Iowa
Level Contributor
67 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Club Med

We were there May 1 - 15, walked old Club Med beach and went to the top of the dune to check out what might have been left. I, too, was there in the mid-80's. The stone walls and many of the concrete walkways are still there. If you have old pics of CM (or a very good memory), you might be able to envision which walkway went to what building. Very sad. Such a happy place at one time.

Tampa
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Club Med

The Club Med beach was originally called French Leave in the 60's. It was a very upscale resort that became tattered and then sold to Club Med.

Hopefully, the new French Leave Company can restore the place to it's former glory.

Get answers to your questions about Eleuthera