We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help picking the right home

daisytown
Level Contributor
584 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help picking the right home

We are planning a trip to Eleuthera with our another couple and their 2 teenage children. Can anyone recommend a newer type home. My sister in law is quite picky , I am happy any where with a beach but I want to make everyone happy!!! She wants a pool too but that is not as common on the island I see.

Ruth

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,850 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help picking the right home

Do you have a budget or price range? It might help people make suggestions.

daisytown
Level Contributor
584 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Help picking the right home

We would like to keep it under 4000 for the week. Going in July.

Nancy

Broken Arrow, OK
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Help picking the right home

I would highly recommend the Blue Palms. The house is relatively new (built in 2005 I believe) and it has a nice heated pool that was built in late 2007. We stayed there last April. It is a great place and they have a van that they rent with the property as well. The house is equipped with eveything you need. It has 4 bedrooms, 2 with king beds and two with 2 twin beds. Their website has all this information with a diagram of the house. The owners were very helpful and always quick to answer questions as long as they were in the states and not in Eleuthera enjoying the house themselves.

Broken Arrow, OK
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Help picking the right home

My wife also wrote a review of the Blue Palms. If you search Blue Palms Eleuthera, it is the review by Steve and Candy. The Blue Palms rents for 2400 a week plus 500 a week for the van. You won't be disappointed.

BLOOMINGDALE, OHIO
Level Contributor
158 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help picking the right home

Go to homeaway.com to find hundreds. We are staying at Mon Soleil in February. Its right on the beach and beautiful!

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
513 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help picking the right home

Take a look at Heron Hill in N. Palmetto. $ 4 Bedrooms, 2 baths, A.C., Sat. TV, Internet,quality kitchen, wonderful deck, & a new built-in pool. I stayed there 5 years ago before they put in the pool. Set high on bluff overlooking the ocean, walkway down to the beach which you'll have to yourself. With binoculars you'll see a few people about 2 miles down the beach.

Set back from the road with beautiful landscaping on an expansive lot. At your price range I assure you won't be dissappointed. The only slight drawback is the 50 or so steps down to the beach. It's the only house that I'm aware of that is on the ocean with a pool & is isolated. I didn't see a neighboring house or anyone on the beach the week I was there.

The economy is kicking my business to the ground so Heron Hill is currently out of my plans. I'll be back though.

Also I've been on island about 7 times in the last 5 years. Stayed at numerous places & none beat Heron Hill. Any questions email me tjsimko@comcast.net

Sincerely,

Tim from Chicagoland

BLOOMINGDALE, OHIO
Level Contributor
158 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help picking the right home

I know Jasmine house shares a community pool. We just came back from staying at Mon Soleil. It was a stunning place directly on Club Med Beach, by far the prettiest beach. We are coming back again (3 mo. later) and staying next door at Sun Dancer. They are owned by the same people. Sun Dancer is the newer house. It has a spiral staircase to 2 bedrooms upstairs (via private entrance) and one bedroom downstairs. The living area is seperated by a walkway. With a pool? That ocean is so clear it looks like a pool! That's why I am heading back. The first trip was with 4 friends, this time my mom and a friend want to see paradise.

8. Re: Help picking the right home

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, October 23, 2009