We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

People Are suing you for bad comments and reviews

New ork
12 posts
Save Topic
People Are suing you for bad comments and reviews

I have read about people posting negative comments about services and companies on the island, and they are now getting sued, so becareful of what you write, I seen this in another fourm in here I think its rosie or something..be careful they are suing!

Erie,PA.
Level Contributor
173 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: People Are suing you for bad comments and reviews

I'm not so sure that anyone has actually been sued just verbally threatened i think.

Treasure Island...
Level Contributor
290 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: People Are suing you for bad comments and reviews

You seen what?

Please, facts only, who is being sued and by whom?

Thanks.

3. Re: People Are suing you for bad comments and reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:01 pm, June 24, 2015
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,728 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: People Are suing you for bad comments and reviews

What an interesting society we live in, where anybody has the right to sue anybody else for just about any reason.

Sad part about litigation, is that he who has the money to keep it going the longest, usually wins.

Sad part about the legal system....O.J. walked away, and Martha Stewart went to jail. Go figure.

The price of living in a free society.

Rosie...good luck with your court case, and whatever happens, Canada will always welcome you back with open arms.

Tutman

5. Re: People Are suing you for bad comments and reviews

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:02 pm, June 24, 2015
Treasure Island...
Level Contributor
290 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: People Are suing you for bad comments and reviews

Rosie I clicked on your name, and found some very informative reviews of Banister's place, along with others who agreed, and some who (posting for the first or second time on TA) disagreed.

This is what you're being sued over????

Your posts seem factual (the car did not work, the A/C did not work, the caretaker pressures you for tips etc) and not at all the level of comment that one would think of suing over.

Have some been removed? Is he still suing you even tho they've been removed? Sheesh!

Lucky Lady, on the other hand, I've seen you dis Arthur Nixon on this board, because your neighbors used your cellphone and complained about him, and I don't think that's a good idea. I've had several transactions with Mr. Nixon over the years, and he has been nothing but a gentleman in every way. Cars break down all the time on Eleuthera, it's just a fact of life. One should be very careful about voicing third party complaints IMO. You can ruin someone's business without ever having met them.

New ork
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: People Are suing you for bad comments and reviews

I agreee...Some people come here expecting 2008 cars, this is the island...not the UNITED STATES!

8. Re: People Are suing you for bad comments and reviews

Removed on: 5:03 pm, June 24, 2015
9. Re: People Are suing you for bad comments and reviews

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 04, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Eleuthera