We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunrise Villa - kid's floatation vests?

Finger Lakes, NY
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Sunrise Villa - kid's floatation vests?

Does anyone know if Sunrise Villa (N Palmetto Point) has kid-sized (3yrs & 5 yrs) floatation vests? They're bulky to pack, so if we don't need to...

PA
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunrise Villa - kid's floatation vests?

I was there in April and they have life jackets for the kayaks but I did not see any children's floatation vests.

suburban DC
Level Contributor
180 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunrise Villa - kid's floatation vests?

Hi _ I don't have a direct answer to your question, but I do have an idea: get kid-sized snorkel vests, which are not made of foam (they inflate) so they are not as bulky or heavy - they just fold. If you really want real PFDs for your little ones I would bring them, since they do really need to be the right size for the child (based on weight) - so your 3 and 5 year olds might wear different sizes, for instance, and a PFD that would fit an 8 year old would be way too big for either of them. If it is important to you that they have them it's not worth that little bit of not being sure that they'll fit your kids. (You rpobably already know that if they're too big, they can just slip out of them, not to mention the discomfort to them - and therefore the fussing! - of wearing something that's huge on them. Can you tell I have been down this road with my kids? :)) If you do bring them, the flat ones would be easy to pack, but even the PFD vests can be put in first and then stuff things around them. One last alternative: call the snorkel shop on Eleuthera and see if they have the right size PFDs for your kids and buy them there - but of course you'd have to bring them back - or maybe you could rent them? And last, if you have a pool available, practice with equipment (vests, snorkle, etc.) there before you go - it will make your vacation time smoother if you've worked out the kinks at home first. Good luck!

essex md
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunrise Villa - kid's floatation vests?

was just there last week you should pack them they have youth sizes that may fit 5 year old but not 3 year old

4. Re: Sunrise Villa - kid's floatation vests?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 pm, September 28, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Eleuthera