We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southern Eleuthera

Ipswich, Ma.
3 posts
Save Topic
Southern Eleuthera

This is our third trip. Stayed near Governors Harbour and explored north both times. Ready to head south this time - in two weeks - and would like some input on musts---- places to snorkel, fish, eat, drink, shop and see. We are just two "maturing" adults who are enjoying the beauty of Eleuthera

tireboy
Level Contributor
297 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Southern Eleuthera

nortside restuarant and bar in rock sound

manchester
Level Contributor
120 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Southern Eleuthera

I have been to eleuthera quite a lot over the years as I have a cousin who now lives in GH but used to live in Palmetto Point.

I had never been further south than rock sound but decided to drive down last year. I went as far as Bannerman town and believe me there is not much to see beyond Rock sound. We visited Cape Eleuthera that is still not complete and as such wouldn't recomend visiting as it had a quite desolute feel.

I'm not sure if you have been south at all but Tarpum bay is ok and the beach at Savannah Sound is very nice and the Ocean Hole at Rock Sound is worth a look. Summing up I would say that the nicer places are definitiely in the north.

As ever the best bars etc are those full of locals wherever I go on Eleuthera I have always been warmly welcomed, and always eat at the local fish fries

Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,703 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Southern Eleuthera

There's Lighthouse Beach, if you have a trusty car and a sense of adventure. Truly beautiful, good snorkeling, pack a picnic and make a day of it.

4. Re: Southern Eleuthera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, September 20, 2009