We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahamian Villa... still no deposit returned.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Bahamian Villa... still no deposit returned.

We returned from our two weeks in Eleuthera, staying at the Bahamnian Villa on January 5th. We have yet to get out deposit back from the owner. The reason? Check out the post on this forum, "Bahamian Villa.... a mixed review".

Treasure Island...
Level Contributor
288 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahamian Villa... still no deposit returned.

And you never once telephoned the owner, correct?

And the telephone call is required for return of deposit, from what I understand. (I rented the sister villa).

I don't think you're trying very hard!

Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bahamian Villa... still no deposit returned.

U need you read the other post about this and you will get the full story.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bahamian Villa... still no deposit returned.

There is nothing in the contract that says a telephone call is required for the return of deposit... nor did the owner say to give him a call after I sent him the email two days after I returned home. There is simply no excuse for not returning the deposit... none.

AZ USA
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bahamian Villa... still no deposit returned.

Not trying very hard? That’s ridiculous! ArtStacks has recorded a very aggressive attempt to do what is right and its all in his posts. All you have to do is read them to get the REAL story here. ArtStacks is correct – there is no excuse for behavior like this from the owner. The owner should be embarrassed by his behavior and that his own words are published for all to read.

Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bahamian Villa... still no deposit returned.

I agree - that smy point, they dotn know the ful story about this, I think the person who wrote that has some type of connection with Bahamian Villa. Dont worry anybody who ask about that villa I would tell the truth.

Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bahamian Villa... still no deposit returned.

Why I Say? If you read the other post in the orginal post, they seem to be promoting this house quite well and saying that artstakcs is hard to please...he/she was ripped of...plain and simple

Baltimore Maryland
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bahamian Villa... still no deposit returned.

Why would one need to call the owner for a return of a depsoit?

If the caretaker started to the owner that the house was OK after the rental then the renter gets the depsoit back.

Whats the big deal with this owner?

Sounds like a case of he thinks he is some big shot so I say take him to small claims for the return of the deposit.

In all my dealings with rental homes I never had to call the owner to get my deposit back..sound very fishy to me.

I'd get my money one way or the other for sure!

Treasure Island...
Level Contributor
288 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bahamian Villa... still no deposit returned.

First of all, I'm not connected with this villa, other than the fact that I rented the sister villa just a few months ago. Pokkafish, read my posts and you will see that. Sheesh!

It was made very clear to me that a phone call was needed in order to get the deposit back.

I made that phone call. I got my deposit back.

Artstacks never did - and apparently doesn't plan to.

I agree that it SHOULD NOT be necessary, but it is. It was clear in the first email as reported on the other thread: "I specifically told you to call me when you get back to review the rental and go over everything, as I tell every renter."

With all of the energy expended here, I just don't understand, Artstacks: why not try? It may not be "fair" to have to make a phone call, but what's it going to hurt? All I'm saying is: TRY!

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Bahamian Villa... still no deposit returned.

It appears as if owner demands verbally, something that's not in contract. I'd bet he records conversation and requires you to agree all was fine before he agrees to give deposit back.

10. Re: Bahamian Villa... still no deposit returned.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, September 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Eleuthera