We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Canada

Ottawa
Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Canada

Hi,

I'm wondering what the best/easiest way is to get to Cat Island from Canada. I suppose it's the same as the US, fly into Nassau and then catch a flight from there to one of the two airports in that area?

Do people have suggestions in terms of where to say? Looking at Shannas Cove hotel or Fernandez Bay Village. It's all about chasing down the best beaches, relaxing, and doing so in a safe environment.

Thanks.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,518 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Canada

Yes, I think you will find that you will need to fly into Nassau from Canada, then on to Cat Island from there. There are direct flights from Canada to Georgetown Exuma, but unless to take a private charter, you will find no commercial options.

Laval, Canada
Level Contributor
48 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Canada

I'm going to Cat Island in December. I've booked my flight from Canada to Nassau on West Jet and then from Nassau to Cat Island on Sky Bahamas.

Looked like the easiest and cheapest way to go...

Cat Island
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Canada

Once you fly into Nassau you can choose between to airlines that fly into Cat Island Sky Bahamas and Southern Air. The both have morning and evening flights. I work at Halvorson House Villa Resort, It has a beautiful beach, you have all the privacy in that you would want, its afforable, check out the website. www.halvorsonhouse.com

Brockville, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Canada

We are currently. In cat island. Left Ottawa with westjet. Flew to Toronto and then to Nassau. Took sky Bahamas to cat island. Stayed at orange creek inn which is very affordable. The owner is very friendly. Currently renting private home in pigeon cay.

5. Re: Travel from Canada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Cat Island