We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting there

Boston
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Getting there

I've been trying to make plans for a vacation on Cat Island May 2011 but I'm having difficulty finding a flight. Does anyone have any suggestions. We'll be coming from Boston Ma. I don't want to finalize my accomodations until I know I can get there. Thanks

Chesterfield New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Getting there

Thanks for the info. I had seen the website for Top Cat, it's great to hear from someone who fished with him and can do a recomendation, I will book him early for sure.

We stayed at Shannas Cove at the opposite end of the Island but took a ride to Hawks one day. No big deal to meet up with him there, it's a nice ride with little traffic.

-George

Sherwood, Oregon
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Getting there

Just my opinion...we fly SkyBahamas. We flew Cat Island Air for years and have spent thousands of dollars on hotels rooms and taxi's in Nassau because we missed our connection thanks to Cat Island Air. SkyBahamas offers online reservations and ON TIME flights...finally!

As far as Bonefishing, we were in Bennett's Creek last week and caught 13 bonefish on our own. You can also park in Pidgeon Cay and walk into Alligator Creek for miles of wadable flats.

If you want a guide, Willard Cleare up at Orange Creek 242-354-4052. Arguably the best guide on the island. He was a guide on Andros for years and grew up in Orange Creek.

23. Re: Getting there

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:59 am, June 01, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Cat Island