We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Difference Between Bimini and Freeport

Florida
Level Contributor
846 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Difference Between Bimini and Freeport

I had never heard of Binimi until I was looking for a ferry from Miami to the Bahamas. I found one that goes to Binimi only. I found one that goes out of Ft. Lauderdale to Freeport. Could someone please tell me the difference between these two places?

Weston, Florida
Level Contributor
10 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Difference Between Bimini and Freeport

Hi. Both Islands are very beautiful.

I would say the big difference is in the size. I would compare Freeport more to a larger city and Bimini to a small pretty laidback Caribbean Island.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,005 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Difference Between Bimini and Freeport

Night and day really imo. Bimini is MUCH smaller and has less in the way of shopping, dining, activities. The main beauty is on the water. Much better fishing. Tiny local restaurants. A few good places to stay. Freeport has lots of "Resorts", big shopping area on the water and 10 times the dining options. Both have incredibly beautiful beach and water.

3. Re: Difference Between Bimini and Freeport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 13, 2014