We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The web site full of lies

Slovakia
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
The web site full of lies

I visited the new web site of Bimini Bay Resort. There is the page "Preservation" with interesting content which contradict with the reality.

See: biminibayresort.com/ownership/preservation.h…

They evidently know how to pull people into their mega "enironmental" resort.

Summerland Key...
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: The web site full of lies

Habitat creation, eh? Here's a thought: Leave the dam* habitat the way it is in the first place, and there would be no need to "create" one.

These people kill me.

2. Re: The web site full of lies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:38 pm, February 08, 2006
Slovakia
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The web site full of lies

I haven't seen any dead coral, but I am confident that in the world there are many places where are dying corals. Of course, it is caused by human. People polute water (the coral cannot grow in polluted water), build coastal (high levels of land development can threaten the survival of coral reefs). For example current development on Bimini Islands.

Bimini Bay project is destroying mangroves, which are very important for coral reefs, because they provide coastal protection from erosion, it is a place for small fish and other marinelife to grow until they are large enough to move to the coral reef. Also mangroves trap sediment which is delivered to the coast in run-off. The web of mangrove roots along the shoreline is able to filter much of the silt out of the runoff, thereby preventing the seawater from getting muddy. This is very important for protecting nearby coral reefs and seagrass which require clear water and sunlight to grow.

And there are much more facts why are the mangroves important for precious ecosystem of Bimini. Everybody can imagine what will happen when the Capo's project will remove all mangroves.

key largo
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The web site full of lies

Hi, i am 16 and my name is Lindsay Ellis. I have been going to Bimini my whole life and it means the world to me. Recently i heard the devastating news about the complete angler burning down, taking the life of the owner Julian Brown. This news made me sick to my stomach so i decided to contact my good friend Ashley B. Saunders who is a famous book writer and local in Bimini to see if he could help me film a documentary on the complete angler to help raise money to rebuild and restore any Hemingway memorabilia that was lost in the fire, so I am currently working on that right now. Then I here the news that this man from Miami wants to build up the whole side of north Bimini! This news was worse; the complete angler ordeal was already bad enough! this man doesn't realize that he is going to be killing many natural resources and taking away the quiet local a place that makes bimini so special. I love going to Bimini because it isn't all commercial buildings and it is a quiet local place to be. When I was over in Bimini filming my documentary, the locals were very upset about the plans and so am I. This has to be stopped asap.

If you are interested in donating money to help rebuild the compleat angler and developing the pictures that were lost in the fire, donate money to my fund - Complete Angler/Hotel/Hemingway Museum Restoration

Lindsay ellis