We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Can I get to Bimini from Grand Bahama Island?

Jacksonville
5 posts
Save Topic
How Can I get to Bimini from Grand Bahama Island?

Hi, We are planning to go to the Bahamas in July, we wanted to go to grand bahama island and maybe visit Bimini to scuba dive there just for a day or two. Is there an economical way to get from any of the islands to Bimini once you are there?

I guess it doesn't have to be Grand Bahama Island, we are just wanting to have both the laid back environment of Bimini, and most of all Scuba dive and enjoy the luxury and comfort of the bigger island.

Thanks

Maritza

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How Can I get to Bimini from Grand Bahama Island?

Don't know of any transportation between GBI and Bimini.

Chalks has a flight from Nassau to Bimini a couple days a week. (not sure what days) but they are usually sell out quickly.

Chalks also has flights from Lauderdale to Bimini.

www.chalksoceanairways.com

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,157 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How Can I get to Bimini from Grand Bahama Island?

remember, you can't fly and dive on the same day!!

Ft Lauderdale
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How Can I get to Bimini from Grand Bahama Island?

Maritza,

At the risk of sounding self serving, you culd charter a boat to take you from Grand Bahama to Bimini. That would avoid the problem of diving before/after flying. Othersise you could take a boat from Ft Lauderdale to Bimini. The boat my be expensive, but airfare is about 300 per person, so if your party is larger, it may be economical, especially if you sleep aboard the yacht. You could sleep at the dive site. Let me know if I can help.