We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

single female traveler/diver--social life on Andros?

Ukiah, California
Level Contributor
158 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
single female traveler/diver--social life on Andros?

Hi.

I am considering spending a week on Andros this summer. Is there any nightlife or is it a better place for a couple/family?

Great Exuma
Level Contributor
275 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: single female traveler/diver--social life on Andros?

Which part of Andros will you be visiting and where will you be staying? I can then perhaps give you some ideas

Ukiah, California
Level Contributor
158 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: single female traveler/diver--social life on Andros?

I was thinking of Small Hope Bay because friends who are also divers recommended it but I have no specific plans or reservations yet.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
246 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: single female traveler/diver--social life on Andros?

Hi there!

We are here now... this is a family environment meaning that everyone is treated like family. You have as much company or as little as you want or need. The diving is outstanding of course, but the social times are so unique because you are with a fraternity of friends. From the minute you arrive you will notice the difference. I'm sure that it will out off some people, but I am here with my son (who is getting certified) and we are diving and chatting with some very fascinating new friends. Everyone is extremely friendly, including the staff who join you for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I just can't say enough to convince you that you will feel right at home by yourself here! There is a reason people come back here again and again!

o fallon
Level Contributor
8 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: single female traveler/diver--social life on Andros?

My husband and I spent time at Small Hope Bay in March. I agree with snorkel mom, we loved it. However, it is a secluded, quiet, restful atmosphere. If people stayed up late at the bar, I never heard them--we crashed by 10pm. We drove around the island, rode bikes--if there is night-life there, I don't know where it would be. I never heard anyone speak of leaving Small Hope Bay to do anything in the evening. But again, there is a friendly, mingling, social atmosphere--couples, singles, families. An outdoor, open bar (you get what you want any time of day), happy hour every late afternoon. Strangers meeting, making plans to bike or hire a driver together, etc. The resort offers little tours that you can take. It just depends on what you are looking for...

5. Re: single female traveler/diver--social life on Andros?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, October 02, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Andros
Recent Conversations