We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

affordable way to get to Andros???

Which Andros hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City
6 posts
Save Topic
affordable way to get to Andros???

My boyfriend and I are looking for an affordable way to get to Andros in March - most of the charter flights we've found are upwards of $400 p/p. We'd preferably like to fly into Nassau, but we could also do Fort Lauderdale.. The resort we were looking into staying with said that the ferries are unreliable... so it seems our hopes of a vacation here are soon to be dashed!

I'm hoping there's an affordable commuter flight or perhaps a boat that I just haven't come across.

(can't seem to find the Continental flights from Ft L. that everyone is talking about.. did they discontinue them?)

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Hephzibah/Augusta...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: affordable way to get to Andros???

I don't know how affordable this is but you did say you can leave from Ft. Lauderdale. My hubby and I are also looking into this same trip and are having the same "how do we get ON to Andros" issue.

Continental Connection, operated by Gulfstream, operates direct flights between Fort Lauderdale (FLL) and Andros Town (ASD). Flights leave Fort Lauderdale from the Continental concourse at the Fort Lauderdale International Airport main terminal. Flight Schedule (as of Fall 2010) Fort Lauderdale (FLL) - Andros Town (ASD) on Tuesday and Saturday. Phone: 800-231-0856

Atlanta
Level Contributor
245 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: affordable way to get to Andros???

I'll throw this out there, but you may be locked into your hotel by now. There is a promotion by the tourist board through June (book by Feb. 9th)... free RT air from Nassau to participating resorts in the Out Islands. We are going to Small Hope Bay in April and I checked flying thru NAS and Ft. Lauderdale (from ATL). Although air is high (spring break) to Nassau, the free air to Andros makes it more cost effective than Ft. Lauderdale to Fresh Creek w/ Watermakers or Continental. We are not flexible on days due to school. Check Bahamas.com

SC
Level Contributor
6 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: affordable way to get to Andros???

Hi- we just booked our trip this weekend to go to Andros mid-March.

We are flying into Nassau & then to South Andros, Marsh Harbor.

The Bahamas have a special going on until Feb. 9 where you get the connecting flights free so it ended up not being that expensive.

Check out www.bahamas.com Good luck!

14. Re: affordable way to get to Andros???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 02, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Andros
Recent Conversations