We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mastic Point Subdivision

Which Andros hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northern Ontario
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Mastic Point Subdivision

We purchaced land in Mastic Point subdivision 30 years ago on Andros island. . We have been paying the taxes ever since. We would like to know if there has been any further developement. We plan to visit this comming spring and hope to find out as much as we can befor we go. Anyone heard of it.

WV
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Mastic Point Subdivision

Do you not know who the developers are? I know alot can change in 30 yrs. I'm a partner in a development in St Croix & all a lot owner needs to do is contact us for updated info.

Jim W

San Francisco
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mastic Point Subdivision

Have you made any progress in your investigation?

A Friend in N Ireland had similar situaton and I have paid modest taxes for some time without any idea of present worth. This is now of some importance to his daughters since they now will own it following their fathers death. I would like to help them.

I thinkk the development is known as

Bahamas Harbour Sub-Division lots 236 and 237

I would like to hear from you

Sam Huey

email sthuey1@aol.com

Connecticut
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Mastic Point Subdivision

I would love to know what you find out! My father purchased land in Mastic Point also, about 30 years ago. He recently passed away, and we would like to know also if there's been any development. I guess a trip is in order for us also.

Fort McMurray...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Mastic Point Subdivision

Interesting that I stumbled across your letter. We also purchased land in Mastic Point in 1973 through a Canadian realtor and a company called San Andros Bahamas Ltd. based in Fort Lauderdale. Although we paid for the property, we never could find the company to get our deed. I've tried many many times to get to the bottom of this matter but have been stonewalled at every turn. if you have any new information, I would be delighted to know about it.

Thank you,

Monica Nelson

Terrace Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mastic Point Subdivision

I am going with friends in Feb to check out their father's land, purchased long ago. I will have to find out if it's the same subdivision but I do know it is near Nicholl's town. We are also from Northern Ontario, made me wonder if it's the same deal?

I'll get back to this thread when I find out.

Terrace Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mastic Point Subdivision

Further to my last post, my friends property is apparently called Francis Town. he visited there several years ago and there was no development at all. Andros seems to have stayed pretty undeveloped.

Great Exuma
Level Contributor
274 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mastic Point Subdivision

North Andros subdivisions are still mostly undeveloped especially the ones in the Mastic Point/Frances Town area. A few of the lots have been built on over the years and most of them do have access to electricity, however, the roads are not in too good condition and access to telephone, cable and internet are not good.

I would recommend that anyone having property in these areas comes to Andros to check it out before making any plans to develop their lot.

Northern Ontario
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Mastic Point Subdivision

MY wife has told me there was a home owned by a German couple accross the road from the Lot. I hope the road has been kept up. We are interested in Knowing what is available on the island for Building materials , contractors ect. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Terrace Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mastic Point Subdivision

Okay, we have been to check out the area. There is little to no development. Lots are not marked, you might try to get GPS co-ords before you go if you have one to take with you, or some other method to ID your property.There are very few homes in the developments ( It was mentioned some of these may be squatters when I was there) and neglected roads. The area around the quite modern little airport is where these properties are. The main road is good. We stayed at Pineville Motel (recommended) and Eugene there rented us a car (also recommended to get a car.) There are restaurants but they are not cheap and buying picnics at the grocery store was not cheap either. This island ( and Nassau also) have a serious garbage problem. Garbage everywhere with no awareness of the impact on tourism. We stayed 2 days and saw the major sites easily with a nice beach afternoon. Great 10 minute flights on Western Air. My overall impression was of a funky, friendly area with great ocean flats access, weather and potential.

Northern Ontario
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mastic Point Subdivision

Wow I'm so sorry i'm so long looking at this forum. This info was so valuable. We are in North Bay and have been paying taxes on the property for 30 years.

Thats a lot of Margrita's! We have a sailboat and plan to visit when we finally get to Adros with a mind to make it a home bace. This plan does not look to promissing with your report.

All the best.

Get answers to your questions about Andros
Recent Conversations