We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vacation

Worcester, MA
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
vacation

I am considering renting a home for a couple weeks in the Bahama's for me and my adult children next summer. I never realized how many islands there are. Can someone please give me some pointed direction as to which may be the better fit. I have adult aged 20+ aged sons and daughters and they like some night life, it does not have to be upscale but some nice beach bars and such. Daughter likes to shop a bit. Basically we do not want to find ourselves on an island alone but we do not desire chaos either..

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vacation

You are asking about very small islands/cays. Great Abaco itself does not have much shopping, and the out islands even less. There are some restaurants and bars; I don't party at night, so can't comment on how lively they get.

I would guess Abaco may be the better fit for you, just because of the size and there are more restaurants and shops.

2. Re: vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, January 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Great Abaco Island