We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a ferry that runs from Treasure Cay to Guana?

tyler, texas
Level Contributor
176 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Is there a ferry that runs from Treasure Cay to Guana?

We are planning on staying in Great Guana Cay. We are flying in from West Palm Beach. Due to a timing issue, we will be flying into Treasure Cay rather than Marsh Harbour Airport. I realize that Mhh is much closer to the ferry dock to take us out to Guana. We were wondering if there was a ferry that could take us to Guana from Treasure Cay? We thought about spending some time in Treasure cay the first day and then making our way back to Guana. Any suggestions? I thought about renting a boat and boating our way back to Guana, but wouldn't we have to return it to Treasure Cay or are there companies that have different drop off locations? We will be flying out of Marsh Harbour on our return flight.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,315 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a ferry that runs from Treasure Cay to Guana?

If you look at the www.go-abacos.com website and click on the navy blue box at the top for "Island Ferry Schedules" it will take you to information that says there is a new (don't know how old the posting is though) ferry from TC to Guana but it does not run every day and only twice a day on the scheduled days- it has the schedule. It also says it leaves from Treasure Cay marina so if you do get it worked out be sure your cab driver knows you want to go to the marina for the ferry to Guana or you might end up at the ferry headed for GTC. The phone number it lists for the ferry company (it is Abaco Adventures, not Albury's) is 242-365-8749. Maybe someone who has taken this new ferry will add information. Did you end up renting Dolphin Watch? I am very interested in that house myself so please be sure and post a trip report when you return- I would love to hear about it (not sure when your trip is?).

PS I suppose you know that you can get the Albury's ferry from Guana to MHH for your return and the schedule times are on that same website. Have a great trip!

2. Re: Is there a ferry that runs from Treasure Cay to Guana?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 30, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Great Abaco Island