We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance between Westin & Sheraton Our Lucaya Hotels

Packer Fan in...
3 posts
Save Topic
Distance between Westin & Sheraton Our Lucaya Hotels

What exactly is the distance between the Westin & the Sheraton hotels? I've heard different distances, one person told me 1 mile, another said a 10 minute walk. I'm going down for a wedding in February and the group is split up between the hotels. Just would like to know how far the different parties should plan on 'hiking it'.

New York
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance between Westin & Sheraton Our Lucaya Hotels

They are basically on the same property....Not even a 5 min walk

Northeast, MA
Level Contributor
843 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance between Westin & Sheraton Our Lucaya Hotels

They are on the same property but Westin has two hotels, Breaker's Cay, in the center of the resort property and Lighthouse Pointe, at the far eastern end. In can take 15 minutes to walk from one end of the property to the other but from Breaker's Cay to Sheraton Reef Village it's only a few minutes. The wedding will be held near the Manor House, where all Westin guests check in and where the Great Lawn and Wedding Gazebo is located. Sometimes they have 3 or 4 weddings going at the same time but they are all usually in that general area. No matter where guests come from within the resort the walk to the wedding should be a max of 10 minutes, probably less. Email me at home and I can send you a labeled photo of the entire complex. ditson@comcast.net

Danny

Lost
Level Contributor
773 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Distance between Westin & Sheraton Our Lucaya Hotels

I'm here at the Westin right now and watched a wedding yesterday that was on the beach right by the Lighthouse Pointe and the infinity pool. It was beautiful. Unfortunately for them, some people didn't realize what was going on and were walking right next to the wedding party as they were making their procession down to the beach, so they're will be some strangers in that wedding video! The walk is really no big deal from one end to the other. We're staying in the Lighthouse Point (BEAUTIFUL, by the way) and have made the walk to the other end a few times a day so the kids can use the slide at the Sheraton pool, and it's a really nice walk. The resort is enormous, one of the biggest I've ever stayed at, so it is a bit of a cruise, but really no bid deal. Have fun! You'll love it here!

Truro, Canada
Level Contributor
441 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Distance between Westin & Sheraton Our Lucaya Hotels

Fasst1

I didn't realize there was two hotels at the Westin. Would you suggest one over the other?

nsalphadog

Northeast, MA
Level Contributor
843 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Distance between Westin & Sheraton Our Lucaya Hotels

It depends on what you are looking for. They have a high rise (Breaker's Cay), and if you want an ocean view room they are outstanding. It is also right in the middle of the property with easy access to just about anything on the property. Even their second floor windows have great ocean views. Lighthouse Pointe is more isolated and only three stories but we've met quite a few people who like it up there (far east end of the resort), and claim the rooms are by far the best on the entire resort complex (counting the Sheraton Reef Village). My wife loves the ocean views so we're always at Breaker's Cay. No matter which of the three buildings you stay in you have access to all the resort amenities.

Danny

Truro, Canada
Level Contributor
441 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Distance between Westin & Sheraton Our Lucaya Hotels

Thanks, ocean view sounds good.

nsalphadog

Truro, Canada
Level Contributor
441 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Distance between Westin & Sheraton Our Lucaya Hotels

Fasst1

Are you the same Danny that posts on the Grand Bahama Island website http://www.grand-bahama.com/ .

Thanks for all the information for people like myself who haven't been to the Bahamas.

nsalphadog

Lost
Level Contributor
773 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Distance between Westin & Sheraton Our Lucaya Hotels

We're staying in the Lighthouse Pointe right now and the rooms are definitely the best in the resort. We have a room on the far end overlooking the ocean and the views are breathtaking. Very nice and quiet here. We have other people in our group spread out all over the resort and have seen all of their rooms and these are by far and away the best. Even better than the Lanai Suites (which I found very dark)

Northeast, MA
Level Contributor
843 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Distance between Westin & Sheraton Our Lucaya Hotels

Same Danny. I just don't usually catch as much grief over here as I do there at times, as I'm sure you've seen. This forum is well moderated and some of the really off-the-wall reports you might see over there don't get posted here or don't last long. I'm looking forward to a report when you return. Enjoy your trip.

Danny

Truro, Canada
Level Contributor
441 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Distance between Westin & Sheraton Our Lucaya Hotels

Thanks ERnurse,

So you've seen al rooms at the hotel and feel the Lighthouse Pointe is the nicest? Is the view the best or is there better views?

nsalphadog