We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

westin in October (weather)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
westin in October (weather)

around October 14th, was wondering if too close to hurricane season. Also, do you know where I could get a layout of the resorts at the westin and the sheraton? Also, any good room suggestions? Any help, thanks!

Pittsburgh, PA...
Level Contributor
262 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: westin in October (weather)

You are still in hurricane season in October, but past the peak. Your chance of actually being affected in any given week is slim, but it is certainly possible. I would recommend buying travel insurance at that time of year, just in case you are unlucky and have a hurricane interupt your trip.

I stayed in the Sheraton, so I can't give you good room suggestions for the Westin. I haven't seen a map of the layout of the resort, maybe someone else can give you a link.

Lagrangeville, NY
Level Contributor
2,846 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: westin in October (weather)

The Westin and Sheraton has a website: www.ourlucaya.com, where the map is available.

Ocean view rooms are nice, you can see wonderful sunrise. I have also stayed at a Marina view room in Breakers Cay (higher floor) and I was fine with the sunset view and look down towards the Lucaya Marketplace.

Frisco, TX
Level Contributor
20 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: westin in October (weather)

layout: starwoodhotels.com/westin/…

4. Re: westin in October (weather)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 pm, August 16, 2009