We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need planning advice...

san antonio
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Need planning advice...

My husband and I along with our one-year-old will be visiting Freeport for the first time in July. We will be staying at Diamonds by theSea which I believe is on Churchill Beach. We really just want to relax, eat some good food thats not terribly expensive, and hang out and explore some of the beaches. Husband likes to snorkel so Im sure this is on the agenda as well. Any suggestions for great beaches and restaurants in this area. Or anything you think would be good to do with a little one? Thanks :)

Level Contributor
43 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need planning advice...

If your husband likes to snorkel, you all need to visit Paradise Cove. I think it is the best place to snorkel on Grand Bahama Island, and it is a beautiful beach, and you can also find some shade and snacks/lunch there. they used to have a nice bus that would pick people up in Freeport and take them back in the afternoon. We loved it - we actually rented a house there for a week, but there were day trippers that came every day to sun and snorkel.

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
672 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need planning advice...

You have a great beach right there at your cottage, and if you want some great snorkeling you can walk over to the Viva Wyndham and sign up for one of their snorkeling tours or you can take a taxi to Port Lucaya for one of those snorkeling tours. Both are much more convenient than going out to Paradise Cove, and offer different but I think better snorkeling - though Paradise Cove you can snorkel from the beach. There are some areas near you to snorkel from the beach, but generally speaking the best snorkeling is from a boat.

Within walking distance of your cottage, you have a few small bars/restaurants like Margarita Villa Sandbar, Bertha's Blue Dinghy and one other one, and further down the beach you have Banana Bay. Or you can take a taxi into Port Lucaya.

Great thing with little ones is the Dolphin Encounter.

New York, New York...
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need planning advice...

check out the free concert on friday and saturday night at port lucaya marketplace.

san antonio
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need planning advice...

Thank you so much for all the suggestions, I will definitely look into all of them : )

5. Re: Need planning advice...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, June 27, 2014