We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liquor questions

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
108 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Liquor questions

My boyfriend and I enjoy drinking on vacation. That is why we no longer do cruises lol. Can you bring in a box of wine and what is the average cost of gin, vodka, club soda? Also, what is the best way to package steaks? We have a 10 flight but wanted to bring along some steaks. Thank you for the great advice you guys post on this site. It has helped me plan and get excited about our vacation.

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
675 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Liquor questions

You can bring in wine, I think it's 1 liter per person without duty. But liquor prices in GBI are dirt cheap compared to the States, so I'd just wait and buy it all when you arrive. For example a 1 Liter bottle of Absolut Vodka might be $11 to $14 in GBI, while a 750ml bottle in the US might be $25.00. Gin is cheap too, so is Rum. Wine is so-so, depends where you buy it.

Don't have any experience packing steaks, so maybe someone else can help you there. It's a little more expensive in GBI, but to me it's not worth the hassle of packing meat, especially with the tiny luggage weight limits now days, so we just buy local. Sawyer's has a good selection of meat, particularly Thursday through Saturday.

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Liquor questions

As long as the meat is frozen in the original store packaging, it should be ok.

glen burnie...
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Liquor questions

Can you buy liquor in the bahamas and take back on cruise ship and back in the US while on a cruise?

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
379 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Liquor questions

Can you buy liquor at grocery stores in the Bahamas? Does anyone know if there are any grocery stores near Taino Beach resort? Thanks

Edited: 6:54 pm, October 05, 2012
Level Contributor
5,143 posts
675 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Liquor questions

Yes, you can buy at Solomon's and Butlers. No real grocery stores that nearby but the resort runs a shuttle to the store. Otherwise maybe 10 min by taxi to Butlers.

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
675 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Liquor questions

I should mention that the new Solomons at Seahorse Plaza in Lucaya is now open so that is probably the closest now, and probably where the shuttle from Taino Beach goes now.

7. Re: Liquor questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 10, 2013