We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Airport??

Which Freeport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Which Airport??

I am planning a trip to The Westin at Our Lucaya. I was hoping to fly Jet Blue to Nassau. How far is the trip from Nassau to Grand Bahama?

Thanks!!

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Airport??

The distance between Nassau (nas) and Grand Bahamas (FPO) is about 90 miles, and can only be traveled by air. (no ferries - this is open water)..

You'll add about $200-$250 Plus airport time to your trip. Not at all worth the savings.

If you are going to Our Lucaya, you need airfare to Freeport, Grand Bahama Island (FPO)

Blauvelt
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Airport??

Where r u flying from? We come from NY we flyinto Miami and take another flight from there. We can't get a direct flight to GBI, but it is a short flight from Miami - I hear you can get flight from FT Lauderdale also. I don't believe it is worth flying to Nassau and then to Freeport

Cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
27 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Airport??

I've found that AirTran flies to Grand Bahama for relatively cheap if they serve your area. We're looking for a good deal on airfare to Nassau from Cleveland.

Monroe, CT
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Airport??

US Airways goes direct from LaGuardia into Freeport on Saturdays. You can island hop from NAS to FPO, but it might be cost prohibitive. It really depends on budget and how bad you need to go Jet Blue.

Get answers to your questions about Freeport