We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vision Airlines

Salisbury...
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Vision Airlines

Has anyone taken Vision Airlines into Freeport, Bahamas? We are planning a trip in April from BWI and their rates are unbeatable, but I've never heard of them.

Glen Mills...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,710 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vision Airlines

Pretty current thread here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147420-i186-k5044…

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
673 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vision Airlines

New airline, great rates - if flying from BWI, there's no better choice.

Glen Mills...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,710 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vision Airlines

Agree with Johann. We are doing it again this Sunday and looking forward to it.

Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Vision Airlines

I would be very careful with Vision, I understand they have an "F" rating with the Vegas Better Business Bureau, where they have their HQ. If you Google complaints against Vision you'll find scores of sad stories of people being stranded, flights cancelled, and horrendous customer service. I guess they have entered and exited almost 2 dozen markets in the past 12 months months, so if it were me, I would fly a real airline, just too risky to fly this so-called airline. But if you think the lower fares are worth the gamble to get stranded, then I'd say take the spin of the wheel. Have a good trip.

Glen Mills...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
3,710 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vision Airlines

Shannon, don't let the above post scare you off.

This poster has ONE post to his name. This means he joined Trip Advisor specifically to tell you how bad Vision Airlines is, even though he has never flown Vision Airlines from Baltimore. Neither does he have a history of helping people on Trip Advisor.

If you google ANY airline, you will find horror stories and complaints. For years I didn't fly Spirit because of such warnings, only to find in the last several years they are as valid and competent as any of the major airlines, and actually even more on time than many others.

We get posts like this on the Anguilla Forum all the time. Typically it's someone who works for the competition or has an axe to grind. Usually they never post again. Weigh the amount of posts Johann and I have behind our names and go with the advice of people who have a history of being helpful on the forums.

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vision Airlines

^ agree

I'm glad they picked up the BWI route and hope they continue. So far I've heard nothing but good things.

Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Vision Airlines

You are right, I have not posted on this forum before. But all I'm saying is for people to do some research on Vision, it sure looks like there are a lot of complaints against these folks. I do not work for a competitor, but I do think people should know all the facts when they ask for feedback. I didn't ask the question here, I responded to it with what I see online regarding Vision. I do think an "F" rating with the Vegas BBB is a big deal, but if my lack of a large posting history makes that not a big deal, then I guess people should not do their own research? No matter what airline you choose, I hope you have a great trip.

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vision Airlines

Chuck, you're certainly entitled to your opinion. Just a few things, Vision Airlines, formerly Vision Air, is an airline with its operations headquartered in Suwanee, Georgia.

Since 1994, the airline also operated charter flights for their tour division of the Grand Canyon, Marble Canyon, Hoover Dam, and Monument Valley out of North Las Vegas airport . Perhaps this is where the poor BBB rating originates.

On January 19, 2011, Vision Airlines announced that it would begin commercial flights to 20 U.S. cities beginning March 25, 2011 from Northwest Florida Regional Airport using Boeing 737 and Dornier 328 aircraft. On June 16, 2011, Vision Airlines announced new service from Freeport, Bahamas to the United States beginning on November 11, 2011.

I think the best measure of their service, is actual feedback from actual customers, using the service. Time will tell whether they can survive.

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
673 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vision Airlines

Hi Chuck, welcome to the forum! Vision is a new public airline (former charter airline) and there have certainly been some growing pains in the first year. Chuck is not wrong about that. Not many people have used them to fly the Grand Bahama market yet, so what they did as a charter airline a decade ago isn't really too relevant I think - what is important though is how they handle customer complaints and their ontime record, as well as their safety record and of course their fares. It's good advice to check them out as Chuck said, compare that information with actual recent experiences posted by daffy and others, and make an informed decision. Also put much more weight on recent reports than older ones, both with the BBB and with customer reviews.

Myself, for the convenience and price, I would give it a go and make my own decisions based on my own experience as to whether to do it again. I've not flown them before, but I think they are getting the bugs worked out and are certainly a boon to Grand Bahama, as well as tourists frustrated for so long about lack of good and affordable flights. I want to support them as much as possible - if they succeed perhaps other airlines will follow and suddenly a beach vacation in Grand Bahama is affordable again.

Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Vision Airlines

Yeah, I fully agree with you, good information is key to make an intelligent decision. That's the point I was trying to make (less elequantly than you did) but people need to do their homework. Don't just take my opinion or others on this forum. It's okay to Google for actual newspaper articles, and so forth. Happy travels!