We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental Deals in Freeport???

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental Deals in Freeport???

Is it safe to drive around yourself? Is it cheaper to rent right away at the airport or to wait until I get to my Resort?

(Staying at Ritz Beach Timeshare Resort)

Northeast, MA
Level Contributor
843 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental Deals in Freeport???

Rent directly from the airport. Make sure you check with one of your credit card companies to find out if they cover you for collision. Most rental outfits will insist you pay extra for insurance if you don't have a card that will cover you. The best on the island is Brad's Car Rental. You can save $5 a day if you book with them on-line at www.bradscarrental.com. Another very good one is KSR Car Rental. Don't have an address for them. Be careful of the major rental companies. They do not have a very good reputation on the island. Keep in mind that they drive on the left in the Bahamas It really is not all that difficult to get used to but you have to stay alert.

Danny

Virginia
Level Contributor
556 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental Deals in Freeport???

I personally have NEVER rented (or needed to rent) a car in Freeport. Too many traffic circles to confuse you with driving on the other side of road than in USA. Very easy to take city bus (van) + inexpensive!!

Northeast, MA
Level Contributor
843 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental Deals in Freeport???

We didn't rent either, for exactly that reason, for 20 years. The last two years we have and have not had any problems at all adjusting to the driving, traffic circles and all. I was very surprised how simple it was to adapt.

Danny

Billings, MT
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental Deals in Freeport???

We rented a car while there. It made our vacation. We did what we wanted to do, when we wanted! Driving is a little trick at first, but you catch on eventaully. We rented at the resort...probably not the best deal, but wasn't a rip-off either.