We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Needed to plan group activities

Canmore, Canada
Level Contributor
59 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Help Needed to plan group activities

I work aboard a cruise line and we will be dry docked in Freeport for 2 weeks in February. A number of our crew will have to stay on the ship, even thought they don't have much work to do. I'm looking for some suggestions on group activities, or perhaps the name of a trusted tour guide who can arrange some things for us.

Ideally, we'd like to find some discounted activities, but I'm hoping that our large numbers will make that possible.

I also need to find some cheap places to stay (vacation rentals, motels, etc).

Mentioned in this post
Freeport
Freeport
Grand Bahama Island
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help Needed to plan group activities

One of the best places to look for vacation rentals especially if your staying for more than a week is the HG Christie website(www.hgchristie.com). HG christie is one of the largest real estate companies in the bahamas.

Click on the search rentals button on the left side of their webpage. Then click on "Specify Personal Search Criteria". There you can choose grand bahama and put in how much you want to pay. They offer rentals all over the island. If you find something you like you should call them. Because you can usually bargain with them especially if they know you are not the usual tourist and are staying for more than a week.

In terms of adventure services here are some of the best on the island that have websites:

*Kayak Nature Tours-www.grandbahamanaturetours.com/

*Unexso Dolphin Adventure-www.unexso.com

*Reef Tours-www.bahamasvacationguide.com/reeftours/

*caribbean …bahamasvacationguide.com/caribdiv.html

You should also get a copy of the book "Everything You Need To Know Grand Bahama Island". It will definitely help you figure out the best places and locations to stay, and it will let you and your crew know the island like locals.

Mentioned in this post
Unexso
Unexso
818 Reviews
Grand Bahama Island
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help Needed to plan group activities

you can find it on amazon.com or order it at your local U.S. bookstore.