We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in mid-october

Which Freeport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NY
2 posts
Save Topic
Weather in mid-october

It's my first caribbean trip - in mid-october 2005 at the Westin Our Lucaya for 5 days. I was hesitant to plan this trip but went ahead with it anyway after I read some positive postings few months back. But since then, because of Katrina and Rita, again I'm not at ease about going.

Does anyone know how the weather will be during that time? Will the water be nice enough to swim and snorkel?

If anyone has recently come back from Freeport, or still has insights to share, please advise! Many thanks!

new york
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in mid-october

The weather in October is great...The temp is about 82 to 85 degrees with humidity. So, yes you will have no problem with water temps..only God forbid hurricanes....I will be there mid Ocotber also....Enjoy your trip

NY
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in mid-october

Thanks, deerob00. Appreciate your advise! I feel better about going.

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in mid-october

just got back from the Viva resort ( a few hours agon!!!) on the island and the only damaged i noticed was to the guests morale with the tail winds of Rita (tropical storm).

many guests have never experience gust and winds that strong or rain that felt like Noah and the Ark was about to viist.

The staff there were fanastic in trying to boost morale some in particular (mention no names).

The weather there was fanastic. if some what crazy no clouds in the sky and rain from out of nowhere!!!. but it was hot and lovely there same i had a return ticket!!! could have stayed there considering where i'm from

Clearwater,Florida
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in mid-october

mid october should be great weather. The water should still be very warm. We used to live in Florida so we had similar weather. I always told people to come visit in late october early november because the weather is great and the water is warm. In the early spring the weather is great but the water is still cool. Have a great time!