We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discovery Cruise Lines

Pittsburgh
1 post
Save Topic
Discovery Cruise Lines

We booked a vacation through DCL and I heard some bad things about it, can any one tell me more? Also, I'm a huge football fan, we'll be there during a few games, is there a sport bar or anywhere you can see NFL games? We are staying at the Flamingo Bay Hotel, any info about this place would also be helpful!! Thanks to all who respond!

huntington wv
Level Contributor
301 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Discovery Cruise Lines

Discovery cruise line is basically a ferry to and from Freeport. Do not expect luxurious accomodations or exceptional service or food. It is good for its intended purpose, which is to get you from point A to point B. The buffet is ok, and the service is slow. You get what you pay for.

We booked a Discovery Cruise in August 04 and stayed at the Sheraton. You definitely want to stay the night before and after in Ft. Lauderdale, because you embark really early and disembark really late. They had a coast guard inspection at embarkation and we waited on the floor of the terminal from 6am to 10am. Get there early, get a seat and prepare to wait.