We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spirit Airlines $18.00 per person to Grand Bahama. - SALE

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
674 reviews
Save Topic
Spirit Airlines $18.00 per person to Grand Bahama. - SALE

airfaredig.com/2008/…

Wooster, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spirit Airlines $18.00 per person to Grand Bahama. - SALE

WOW! wish I could take advantage of that one. I'll have to book the Orlando to Ft Laud. for a long weekend, just because I can.

KEEP SHARING THE GOOD NEWS

Cape Canaveral
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Spirit Airlines $18.00 per person to Grand Bahama. - SALE

I am going on the 26th. $8.00. I love Spirit. Did the Turks & Caicos last year for $9.00. Still you have to add about $100 for taxes and landing fees.

florida
Level Contributor
65 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spirit Airlines $18.00 per person to Grand Bahama. - SALE

im thinking of using this deal to go to freeport in september

how is Spirit for going to the bahamas??

was it on time?

crowded??

hassle to check in??

any info is appreciated thanks

Cape Canaveral
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Spirit Airlines $18.00 per person to Grand Bahama. - SALE

I just got back and Spirit was great again. In Ft lauderdale it was very busy but just the opposite in Freeport. Had a great time.

florida
Level Contributor
65 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spirit Airlines $18.00 per person to Grand Bahama. - SALE

good to know

was your flight from FLL to freeport on time??

I've heard that its the same airplane that goes from chicago to FLL and then to Freeport so it has a tendency to be late.

Western Michigan...
Level Contributor
44 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spirit Airlines $18.00 per person to Grand Bahama. - SALE

Spirit is a great airline. We have been customers for several years now. We flew Spirit in April to Costa Rica from Detroit and have booked a flight from Detroit to Freeport later this month. However, I was surprised that now in addition to charging for checked luggage there's also a charge for getting a seat assignment. WOW! These charges are starting to add up. I guess the cheapest way to go is carry on and take your chances of letting the computer pick your seat.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
293 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Spirit Airlines $18.00 per person to Grand Bahama. - SALE

watch out when using spirit . They frequently change your itinerary if you book in advance . I spent an hour and a half yesterday trying to fix the problem that thier changes created . I wound up having to fly out a day earlier and leave a day later for a trip that I am doing on a liveaboard diveboat . Its gonna cost me an extrra 2 nights in a hotel now but at least its in the Bahamas so I'll make the most of it somehow. but be careful because smaller airlines have less flight options available if you are on a schedule be careful what you book.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,597 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spirit Airlines $18.00 per person to Grand Bahama. - SALE

I used to be a fan of Spirit Air - not anymore. Booked our flight for a Wednesday - Sunday, from Boston to GBI about a month ago. At booking time, the flight was scheduled to leave at 10:30 am and get in to GBI about 5:00 pm, changing planes in Ft. Lauderdale. About a week later, they changed the departure time out of Boston from 10:30 am to 5:30 am and added a stop in Myrtle Beach, SC. Then they started charging for your seat selection which added an extra $40 to each ticket. Yesterday I get a call from them that my itinerary has changed again. I log on and they have cancelled my Wednesday flight(it looks like all Mon, Tues and Wed flights from Boston were cancelled) and have us booked to leave on a Thursday now. That's when I said "NO WAY". It took me over an hour of talking to several reps in India but supposedly they are giving me a full refund. I'll be watching my Visa statement closely for this full refund. While I was on the phone with them last night, I rebooked us on USAir for the same price, leaving the dates we wanted and better flight times. I understand that the airlines are having issues right now with fuel prices, etc. and I don't mind going with the flow of a few changes here and there to get to a beautiful vacation destination, but this was just way too much.

Northeast, MA
Level Contributor
843 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Spirit Airlines $18.00 per person to Grand Bahama. - SALE

Hope you are aware USAirways, beginning 9 July, will also be charging for luggage. Forget what it is but I think it's $15 for the first piece and $25 for a second. They already charge for the second piece. They also charge for certain seats, especially some of the window seats.

Danny

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,597 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Spirit Airlines $18.00 per person to Grand Bahama. - SALE

Thanks - yes, I'm aware. We are flying USAir to Aruba this Saturday. :)