We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island Seas Resort

Tulsa
3 posts
Save Topic
Island Seas Resort

Any tips on what to do around the Island Seas Resort? Never been to Freeport, so any suggestions are appreciated!!!

Wayne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
743 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Island Seas Resort

I'm heading to Island Seas for the 1st time May 30th. When are you going?

Tulsa
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Island Seas Resort

We're going end of April....we're excited!

Kittery, Maine
Level Contributor
117 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Island Seas Resort

You will need a car or take the taxi's. The marketplace is not within walking distance. There is a restaurant on site and full kitchens. Also a little store but very expensive.

Within walking distance is a conch shack. and at the other end is a bar and restaurant called Bikini Bottom. On Thursday & Saturday night they have rake & Scrape. The food is good. I don't go to the conch shack but a lot of people do. There are good restaurants in the Marketplace and entertainment on the weekends.

Wayne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
743 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Island Seas Resort

May I ask...

What is "rake & Scrape"?

In which direction would the conch shack and Bikini Bottom be, and how long of a walk? Oh, and is this a walk on the beach?

Thanks for the info.

Kittery, Maine
Level Contributor
117 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Island Seas Resort

If you are standing on the beach with your back to the ocean and you are facing Island Seas, The conch shack is to the right- (open for lunch) about a 3 minute walk. The Bikini Bottom is to the left about a 5-10 minute walk and you can use the road or the beach. (we sort of walked both) it is open at night and the food is good and appetizers are also good.

Rake and scrap is a group of local musicians that use instruments like a saw scrapping it, and to tell you the truth I am not sure what else. Something called a goomba or goomby drum. If you Google rake & scrape you will get info regarding this. It is just a fun time. We went last Dec and when the Island is not crowed this place was. We are bringing our daughter & her husband with us and I think they will also enjoy it.

Wayne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
743 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Island Seas Resort

Thanks for the info. All sounds good. Can't wait...

Sacramento, CA
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Island Seas Resort

I just got back from the Island Seas Resort. Here are a few additional tips for ya. Island Seas Resort has 5-6 free shuttles to and from Port Lucaya every day. The last one leaves Port Lucaya at about 4:30 PM. After that, you need to take a city Bus for $2.00 or a taxi for $9.00. It's about about a 10 minute drive. Happy hour is great at Island Seas. From 4-6 PM drinks are 2 for 1 (about $3.00 each). At Island Seas they have horse shoes and shuffle board and free internet access in the lobby.

Kittery, Maine
Level Contributor
117 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Island Seas Resort

Stephen,

Is the new restaurant opened yet? Thanks

Sacramento, CA
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Island Seas Resort

Hi, We were there from March 1 to March 8, 2008 and the second restaurant was not open yet. They said it would be open in 3 weeks, but to be honest, I doubt it. I highly recommend the restaurants in Port Lucaya, especially Zorba's (Greek and American very affordable) and also Rum Runners, which has Corona's for 2 for $5.00 and very good inexpensive food....Say hi to "ALfi " if ya go....he's the happiest guy you will ever meet.

Kittery, Maine
Level Contributor
117 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Island Seas Resort

Thanks for the information.