We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

passport needed for 4 year old?

Which Freeport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cleveland
1 post
Save Topic
passport needed for 4 year old?

Going to the Sheraton at the end of june with our 4 yr old daughter.

Does she need a passport or only a certified birth certificate?

Campbell, CA
Level Contributor
50 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: passport needed for 4 year old?

At this time you will only need a certified Birth Certificate (one with a raised seal). However by the end of the year you will need to have a passport. If the certificate is lost on the trip you will have difficulty returning you might want to consider getting the passport...one less thing to worry about.

Clearwater,Florida
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: passport needed for 4 year old?

wakegirl1967,

You will need to have a pasport by the end of the year? Are they changing the rules? Is this for every island? We've been going to GBI for over 15 years (we went to Bimini last year) and we always bring our birth certificates. If this is true I have got to get 6 passports by next march!

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: passport needed for 4 year old?

Yes, its' true, you will not be allowed back into the US without a passport for each person, adult or child.

This has been posted by the government for months and goes into effect Dec 31, 2005. As of Jan 1, 2006, noone can travel outside the US without a passport.

travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2224.html

huntington wv
Level Contributor
301 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: passport needed for 4 year old?

Here is the list

December 31, 2005 ��� Passport or other accepted document required for all travel (air/sea) to or from the Caribbean, Bermuda, Central and South America.

December 31, 2006 ��� Passport or other accepted document required for all air and sea travel to or from Mexico and Canada.

December 31, 2007 ��� Passport or other accepted document required for all air, sea and land border crossings.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: passport needed for 4 year old?

You want a passport for your child even if you do not need one.

Pembroke Pines, FL
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: passport needed for 4 year old?

I will be at the Sheraton 7/3-7/9 with my 4 year old daughter and 20month old son...Oh yeah my husband too. Maybe the girls will see each other at Camp Lucaya!!

Pembroke Pines, FL
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: passport needed for 4 year old?

I will be at the Sheraton 7/3-7/9 with my 4 year old daughter and 20month old son...Oh yeah my husband too. Maybe the girls will see each other at Camp Lucaya!!