We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lesson for prospective travellers surfing the net; Thx...

Which Freeport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Easton. PA
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Topic
Lesson for prospective travellers surfing the net; Thx...

Dear Johanna/ Scubagirl,

Thank you very much for your valuable advice!

As you guessed, I have taken this package through a pop up message; I was not smart enough to suspect something wrong when the operator warned that I would lose the package if I were to disconnect the call for verifying the actual rates for each of the individual package included!

I have given Easton, PA as my address in the message posted but I am actually working in Southern Africa and would be in PA only at the time of my planned vacation in June next year, at my brother���s place.

I went through the abundant views on the subject, available on the web links that you had suggested; it was a real eye opener!

I got through to the Customer Service department after trying for two days and got their Fax number for further communication. At this juncture, I have a doubt; whether ���Special T��� is a generic term for all the operators (including All Seasons Travel that I am now dealing with) who sell their travel packages in this manner!

My case is slightly different; distance (and cost of International Calls) forbids a firm action! So I am going for the third option, make the best of it ��� after I receive the package, hopefully in a couple of weeks!! I have also noted the website www.800helpfla.com to be approached in case of any trouble with the travel agency. Although my agency is located in Atlanta, Georgia; there must be a parallel monitoring agency in that state too!

Basically I have complicated things myself and introduced some anxiety in an otherwise enjoyable vacation!

Thanking you again for your valuable time,

Regards

Spu_Deep.

Easton. PA
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lesson for prospective travellers surfing the net; Thx...

This is an update on my dealings with the travel company; there is an outstanding improvement in their response, I have been offerred a part refund & an extension of the time limit and the representative who attended me gave her personal email id and an alternate telephone number when I complained about my infrutuous expenditure on (international) telephone calls prolonged by waiting for their customers to attend me!

So, this company All Seasons Tours & Travels is hopefully blessed with better business ethics than the host of other companies many unfortunate prospective travellers landed up with!! Hope my relief lasts till I complete this whole trip!!!

Switzerland
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lesson for prospective travellers surfing the net; Thx...

thanks for the update

Having read some reports about them, I don't believe in their having "better business ethics" than the other crooks :(

http://www.ripoffreport.com/

search for "all seasons travel and resort"

kind regards,

Johanna

Easton. PA
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lesson for prospective travellers surfing the net; Thx...

Further update on my dealings with my travel company!

My refund (33 %) has been creditted on my credit card account. The response from the representatives continues to be encouraging.

Just waiting for the shipment of relevant documents!!

Get answers to your questions about Freeport