We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bachelorette party?

Which Freeport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
1 post
Save Topic
Bachelorette party?

I am hosting a bachelorette party on Grand Bahama Island and wanted a suggestion for a fun dinner spot for about 10 women. It will be a Wednesday night in April. I am interested in a restaurant in Port Lucaya Marketplace/Count Basie Square. Thanks in advance!

Northeast, MA
Level Contributor
843 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bachelorette party?

Based upon what you said I would recommend The Pub at Port Lucaya. It borders Count Basie Square, has decent food and you can party right there and still see everything happening in the Square. The one thing I do not know is if you can reserve 10 seats in the appropriate spot ahead of time. Check it out with them when you get on the island. Both RumRunners and the Corner Bar serve food and might be able to handle your group but I don't think their setups are conducive to what you are looking for. The other spot is Luciano's, but that's a more high end restaurant and is on the second floor overlooking the Square. Great place to see from if you are on the balcony but you definitely would need a reservation there and it would be more costly than a place like The Pub. Those are the only places I can think of that are right on Count Basie Square. Hope it helps a little.

Danny

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
394 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bachelorette party?

Might look into Pisces also. Great pizza, specially for being down in the islands. LIvely, great crowd. Wife & I ate there our last night & it was one of our best meals over 9 days on Grand Bahama. At at Luciano's after our sundown wedding & it was nice, but pricey. Nice balcony, decent service. Have heard good & bad on it. Avoid the hotel restaurants if it were me. We stayed at the Sheraton/Westin Our Lucaya, and ony ate at Hammerhead's for lunch one day.

The Stone Crab, down the beach a few miles (short taxi ride) was also a great place for dinner. Have fun!

3. Re: Bachelorette party?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, August 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Freeport
Recent Conversations