We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island Seas Resort......

ct
Level Contributor
338 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Island Seas Resort......

Hi......How are the views from 1 bedroom condos here??........Convenient to take a cab to a grocery store for food and beer?.......Short walk to beach??........Thanks

Northeast, MA
Level Contributor
843 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Island Seas Resort......

If you are renting, vs being a condo or time share owner there, you will probably be placed in one of their buildings across the street from the main complex. Few renters get into main complex buildings that are pretty much reserved for "owners". I do not know if you can see the ocean from those buildings. It's only a five minute walk across the street to the beach and main complex which is located right on the beach. If you get lucky and get a place in the main complex it is very likely you may have an ocean view from any floor of any of the buildings. If you are interested send me an email at ditson@comcast.net and I'll send you an aerial photo that shows a pretty decent layout of the entire complex so you can see where you may be placed. I think they run a shuttle once or twice a day to the local grocery store but am not certain about that. Also, be aware a case of beer on the island is going to run you anywhere from $35-55.

Danny

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
640 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Island Seas Resort......

Danny, do you happen to have an e-mail contact for a real person (concierge, etc) at Isand Seas? I love corresponding with places before I actually get there. Also, although it's a done deal and too late now, have you had experience with or heard any opinions on the quality of the meal plan? The price is right ($50 per person per day for 3 meals and 4 drinks).

We are travelling as non=timeshare owners, would love to have the ocean side but I've heard either place is great. Any other info you want t offer would be great! Going for Junkanoo so it is waaaay too far off! Thanks. Julie

Northeast, MA
Level Contributor
843 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Island Seas Resort......

Julie,

I'm afraid I don't know anyone at Island Seas. I've only actually been there myself a couple of times. Much of the info I posted about it above came from other posters on this and other GBI boards. Wish I could help more.

Danny

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
232 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Island Seas Resort......

I have been going to Island Seas for years. Renters do end up across the street, not beach front, but with a little "sugar" they may move you across the street. The Island Seas website is http://www.islandseas.com/ there is a place to contact them.

The food at Coconuts is fair, breakfast about $8, lunch $12 and dinner $20, drinks are $6 except during b1g1 happy hour, so your $50 a day is a break even. There are a lot of great places to dine in Freeport, I wouldn't want to be tied down to Coconuts.

They have a shuttle that takes you to grocery store on Monday. The other shuttle runs on a regular schedule 6 times a day or so. You can take free shuttle, then take city bus to grocery store for 75 cents, It will cost $1.50 per person to get back to I.S. on public bus or cab of about $9.00.

You can bring some of your own food. Value shouldn't exceed $100 per person for duty free. You will have a full kitchen so you can bring coffee and tuna or some meat.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
640 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Island Seas Resort......

Thanks for the info. My husband likes to get somewhere and just "park it" for the week but I'm guessing at least a couple of our food voucher will go to waste...I do plan on venturing out! Although I'd love to have an ocean-side room, I don't plan on spending much time there as it is!

6. Re: Island Seas Resort......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, August 28, 2009