We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat?

Centreville...
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
Where to eat?

My boyfriend and I will be staying at the Westin at Lucaya next week (4 days/3 nights) and have been looking around for restaurant/dining tips. We LOVE seafood and like an occasional fancy meal out or a buffet.

Not necessarily looking for just a good bargain (though good food for a good price is hard to beat) but for greally ood food - something you'd tell a friend not to miss. Anyone?

Thanks!

Northeast, MA
Level Contributor
843 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to eat?

Our number one favorite on the island is Luciano's, in the Port Lucaya Marketplace and Marina directly across the street from Our Lucaya. To give you an idea of pricing here's our menu and the total bill. I had schrimp cocktail, ceasar salad, baked potato, vegetables, and surf and turf (filet mignon and Bahamian lobster). My wife had french onion soup, ceasar's salad, baked potato, vegetables and the large prime rib. We both had a Crown Royal and gingerale. Total bill, with a 15% tip automatically included, was $112. We added $5 to the bill to bring the tip to 20% ending up at $117. That exact meal at Churchill's Chop Shop at Our Lucaya, with good but not excellent food, would have cost us over $220. Luciano's is excellent. Lunch places we like are The Pub, Zorba's, and, on occasion, Fat Man's Nephew. Other dinner places that are very good are Pisces (Italian), Shenanigan's (Irish), Giovanni's (Italian), and Harbor Club (we've never eaten there but it gets great reviews). Sunday brunch there is jam packed. You will need a reservation for dinner and Luciano's, Shenanigan's and Pisces for sure are only open for dinner. Not sure about Harbor Club. As a seafood lover, and if you will be there on a Friday or Saturday night think about the seafood buffet at Willy Broadleaf's at the Breaker's Cay Our Lucaya Hotel. It's expensive at somewhere between $45-50 each, but it's all you can eat and the Bahamian lobster, while not to be confused with Maine lobster, certainly makes it worthwhile in our view. Also consider The Stoned Crab (a short cab ride away), a seafood restaurant right on the beach. It can't be beat for ambience and carries a full seafood menu. You can eat right next to the beach at an open air window, as long as the weather is good. Hope this helps a little.

Danny

Mentioned in this post
Port Lucaya Marketplace
Port Lucaya Marketplace
3,246 Reviews
Grand Bahama Island
New York
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to eat?

Just got back from the Westin and it was greeat! But expect to spend about $50 per person, each day, to eat. Tip is usually included so you can't skimp there if you don't like the service. Food was great - especially grouper and conch (pronounced conk, not conch). The restaurants at the hotel are more expensive then across the street in the marketplace, but not really by much. My favorite on the property was - The Prop Club and in the Market you can get a great breakfast at Zorba's or the other Greek place next to it. There is a really expensive restaurant which had great food called the Harbor Club (think that's the name - across from the Westin) where the food was great, but it did cost $210 for all 3 to eat.

Clearwater,Florida
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to eat?

Club Caribe is great for an extended lunch. You will have to get a taxi there (or rent a car) The food is great (get the cracked conch or the conch salad) It is right on the beach. They have some beach chairs and floats for the water. You can eat lunch, go for a walk, come back and relax and have a few drinks. If you plan to rent a car there is goldrock beach and on the way there There is a place called Bishop's beach. There is a local restarant right there. Good food and a good price.

Northeast, MA
Level Contributor
843 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to eat?

Actually you do not need a cab to get to Club Caribe. If someone calls them they have a van that will pick them up and take them home for no charge. Regarding the comment about the restaurants at the Westin not being that much more expensive than those in the Marketplace I would respectfully disagee when you are talking about dinner. See my post above. We love the place and lunches may be more aligned with the Marketplace, but dinner isn't close. The problem with lunch is most of them are not open for lunch (Churchill's Chop Shop, Iries, China Beach, Willy Broadleaf's, often Portobella's, and sometimes, if not always, Barracuda's). That leaves you with the Prop Club and the pool bar and grills (Sugar Mill, China Beach Grill, and Waves Bar and Grill. If you're into health stuff their is also a cafe at Sense Spa. Think about trying the food served at Billy Joe's, a separate entity right off the property line at Sheraton Reef Village. He's been in that location for more than 30 years and while the place does not look good their food (no inside to it and open only during the day) is outstanding.

Danny

Clearwater,Florida
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to eat?

Danny,

I'm not sure when you were there last but they aren't actively advertizing the shuttle anymore. They did come to get us last March but they are fading that out. As long as the person says they used to come there and used the service they are telling people they no longer do pickups....unless they changed their minds again after all the storms! Either way, isn't it a great place to eat and hang out? Our kids love the playground and we love the beach! Now I'm really looking forward to our trip in a few days to Bimini!

Mentioned in this post
Bimini
Bimini
Out Islands
Northeast, MA
Level Contributor
843 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to eat?

I didn't know that, but if true all anyone needs to do is call Margarita Villa. They offer the same service and are just steps away. They might not like it though if they bring someone out there and headed over to Club Caribe instead. Heck, when we were at Club Caribe two weeks ago a yacht pulled in and dropped off nearly two dozen people and left. Maybe they've upgraded their transportation!!! :-)) You're right though, it is a great place to spend the day. Plenty to eat, drink and a great beach for adults and kids. I still think Banana Bay has a better beach and food as good, but it is further out.

Mentioned in this post
Margarita Villa
Margarita Villa
135 Reviews
Grand Bahama Island
Banana Bay
Banana Bay
497 Reviews
Grand Bahama Island