We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Redwood Hotel, not Redmond Hotel...sorry

Yulee, FL
3 posts
Save Topic
Redwood Hotel, not Redmond Hotel...sorry

I meant to ask about the Redwood Hotel. I don't know why I keep thinking the name is the Redmond Hotel. Can anyone tell me about their recent experience staying at the Redmond Hotel? Is the area a safe place to visit? Do the rooms have telephones?

Northeast, MA
Level Contributor
843 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Redwood Hotel, not Redmond Hotel...sorry

I would not worry about safety. Redwood is located right next to the Port Lucaya Marketplace and Marina and directly across the street from the Sheraton Reef Village (part of Westin/Sheraton Our Lucaya). It's a motel and an older place but it also has a reputation for having clean, comfortable rooms with a kitchen and bedroom in the suites. I am almost certain their ARE phones in the rooms. I'm hoping you have gotten messed up by something as simple as a change to the phone number of the hotel. While I haven't called, there are two different numbers out there depending on where you look on the internet. Their advertising on some Bahamian web sites shows a phone number of 242-373-7881. However, their own web site shows the number as 242-373-2843. If you have NOT called one of those numbers give it a try and see if you get through. Sorry I cannot help you more but I have never stayed there myself.

Danny

Get answers to your questions about Grand Bahama Island