We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

xanadu resort or island seas resort

Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Topic
xanadu resort or island seas resort

has anyone stayed a Xanadu resort lately? We amy trade with RCI for a one beoom. What did you think of the resort?thanks

Northeast, MA
Level Contributor
843 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: xanadu resort or island seas resort

If you other choice is Island Seas, as the subject suggests, I wouldn't even consider Xanadu. It's been on a downhill slide for several years.

Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: xanadu resort or island seas resort

i have been to both beaches though, and there is no comparison to how nice Xanadu, compared to Island Seas, Island Seas is so touristy, and there beach is not that nice..

Now Xanadu beach is beautiful........u can walk for miles along it!

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: xanadu resort or island seas resort

We just got back from Grand Bahama Island. We stayed at Pelican Bay hotel but rented a car to check out Xanadu Beach, which we heard was amazing. The beach is pretty, but it was littered with everything from hair combs to old toasters. I am pretty sure it is debris from the hurricane but it doesn't seem like they've done much in the past 7 months since it hit to clean up the beach. Our cab driver told us that Xanadu resort has been on the downward slide for years--that while it once was a 5-star resort, that now it is in disrepair and is plagued by bad management. From what we saw of the exterior of the hotel (dirty and unkempt) and the beach around it (littered), you might want to stay elsewhere unless you can overlook that type of stuff. And Xanadu is really out there on its own--you couldn't really get to restaurants without taking a taxi or renting a car. You may want to consider staying in Lucaya, where there are a number of hotels and dining/shopping options.