We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradise Island Beach Club - Boo!

Modesto, Ca
1 post
Save Topic
Paradise Island Beach Club - Boo!

Although Nassau was a beautiful and friendly vacation spot, we were more than disappointed with our stay at Paradise Island Beach Club!

We exchanged our points from our 5 Star resort and found it impossible to get into the Harborside Resort, so we opted to stay at the PIBC.

Just for your information: They clean your room once only for a week long stay. That is the only time you are allowed fresh linen and towels for bathing. When you run out of toilet paper - you are required to buy it from their little very expensive store for the rest of your stay! The Resort is very small and the bar and snack bar close at 6:00 pm. Forcing you to get a cab and venture out. The Club is not within walking distance to many spots. It is no longer owned by the Marriott, it is privately owned and most afternoons you can spot the owners/managers at the bar having their afternoon toties.

On a good note, the accomodations were clean and nice, the beaches white and beautiful. They were still patching up from the storms last fall 2004. On one day we had no water for hours while they attended to a pipe.

We spent most of our time at the Atlantis, which was beautiful and fun. Overall, we did not find any WOW! meals, they were all pretty OK, only the prices were WOW!

I'm not suggesting you never stay at PIBC, I think you should just be aware, it was a far cry from what we are used to.

Mentioned in this post
Paradise Island Beach Club
Paradise Island Beach...
187 Reviews
New Providence Island
Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradise Island Beach Club - Boo!

Hi,

My boyfriend and I are planning on going to Paradise Island the beginning of May. Is the resort that small? It definelty doesn't look that way in the pictures we have seen. Also, how many bars do they have on the resort? What time do they all close. I see you mentioned that one closed at 6:00pm??? I thought that it was open later than that. If anyone has any additional information please reply.

Thanks!