We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

riu paradise island

burlington
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Topic
riu paradise island

is this resort as bad as everyone says it is. have booked to go here in oct. with another couple . this will be their 1st trip anywhere and hate for them to have a terrible time since i recommend we go here.

England
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: riu paradise island

Hi Moose 54

We taking Am Dollars & Some Cash Is that ok Can you get good rate out there Do you or Anybody know what weather is in Oct

Goreun

Derbyshire England

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
11,869 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: riu paradise island

Hi Gore,

I'm afraid I'm useless when it comes to exchange rates.

the U.S. dollar is the same at the Bahamian, so I never had to deal with that. Maybe someone else from your side of the pond can help you out.

I always take just enough cash for tips and incidentals on they way to the Island. Once there, I use my ATM card or American Express. (It keeps me more in line). There is a "Scotia" bank right across the steet from RIU, in the "Hurrican Hole Plaza".You may get a good rate there??

I'm not sure which web-site could give you info, but there must be quite a few. I just never had to deal with it..good luck!!

Southampton England
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: riu paradise island

Can someone answer my question?? am a little confused, thinking of going to the Rui Parasise Island next year, but some websites are showing White Hotel with Little Pool and some are showing Pink hotel with a funky pool with a swim up bar, is this all one big hotel with 2 pools???????????????????????

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
11,869 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: riu paradise island

Hi KB,

The RIU has one large pool w/swim up bar, and some built in loungers. It is not heated. The hotel is not pink. You may have seen pictures of the "beach towers" at Atlantis, which is next door. Those are pink, and sometimes show up, if you're looking at photos taken from the poolside balconies at the RIU.

If you go to "Reviews" and click on "candid photos", you will find some very nice shots of the hotel, pool and beach. I like the photos taken by the guests, because they have nothing to promote.

The RIU is a very good all inclusive resort. Read my posts. There are many nice places to stay on the island, but I would probably go back to Riu, for the location, and the value.

Southampton England
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: riu paradise island

Thank you Moose54, its just that all the pics are showing nice Pool with Patterns in it, and sunloungers, only in Brochure and on a couple of websites the pool is very different as is the Lobby, in a couple of pics the lobby looks very Grande, then on another site it was all white & Spacious...........

England
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: riu paradise island

Thanks Moose

Anyone know what weather is in Oct

Goreun

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
11,869 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: riu paradise island

Hi again Goreun,

Have never been there at that time of year. Only Feb, and April. Have you tried "Bahamas.com" website? It has a ton of info about shopping weather,banking, and will give you a lot of ideas.....Have fun!

England
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: riu paradise island

Thanks Moose

port monmouth,new...
Level Contributor
175 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: riu paradise island

I'm happy to see good reports. We are going April 28 for a week and I figured don't take any chances and I booked 2 Junior Suites Oceanfront. Anyone know if this was a good choice. It was quite a bit more but I figured having more room being there a week it wouldn't make us feel closed in . I asked for a high floor also. I was informed this is the best view. Any feedback on this?

Thank you much...

20. Re: riu paradise island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, August 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island