We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantis and swimming pools

new york
4 posts
Save Topic
Atlantis and swimming pools

Hello, I am planning my first trip to Bahamas with two of my daughters (9 and 10). Somebody last year told me that some hotels close to Atlantis have an access to various swimming pools at Atlantis. We cannot afford to stay at Atlantis but we would love to visit. Could anybody tell me which hotels have an access privilage to the pools at Atlantis? Could I also ask which hotel may be a good pick for us? We just want to have water fun. Thank you. (from New York)

Mentioned in this post
Bahamas
Bahamas
Caribbean
NJ
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantis and swimming pools

Comfort Suites on Paradise Island is right next door to Atlantis, and guests are given access to all the amenities at Atlantis. It is usually a bit cheaper than Atlantis, but not by much. Travelzoo sometimes has good deals...check with them.

Mentioned in this post
Paradise Island
Paradise Island
New Providence Island
Nebraska
Level Contributor
2,097 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantis and swimming pools

Comfort Suites is you best option. Go to their website and be sure to look for the "internet users" rate. It is not cheap but definitely cheaper than Atlantis. If your daughters like pools and water slides they will love Atlantis.

rutherford, NJ
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlantis and swimming pools

The price difference between comfort inn and the Atlantis is not much. I did much research and wound up at the Atlantis, I booked through american express travel, however most sites have similar prices just different room choices.

My children loved the pools they are 12 and 10.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
151 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlantis and swimming pools

Comfort Suites is the only place off the resort that allows access. Book direct through comfort suites for only pennies more and this allows you to cancel up to the last minute and pay at checkout. most of the internet sites will charge now and no way to cancel. I stayed at Harborside at Atlantis cheaper than AARP rate at Comfort. I was booked at CS but found a deal (7 nights 1500.00) off ebay. Also, going with ebay I paid nothing extra at check-in. hidden maid fees, towel fees, taxes, surcharges, etc.. even CS has a 4.50 or a day per person housekeeping charge. Harborside also allowed more space, comfort of home, etc.... shop around

5. Re: Atlantis and swimming pools

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 pm, August 20, 2009